This is what Kamala is running on,and plans to release her new communist price control plan at her next rally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Big media has been priming the pump for this last few days, running stories that they say show inflation is not connected to rising prices. Game plan will be just like the 70s, " Cry gouging, and let slip the dogs of price controls."

Better have things you think will be controlled now as the surest way to create a shortage of goods is to control the price. Econ 101.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well,

You know price controls are an example of how to destroy a country. The latest example was Venezuela the reduction in profits caused farmers to give up. They went from 2.9% undernourished to 22.9% people were eating dogs.

They also implemented a food box program but only for people the had voted for the party in power.

Rent controls cause shortages simply because investors will not build if there is no profit. Normally the government will start building public hospitals which produces wards of the state.

Please urge people that are Democrats to wake up.

What do you think will happened if you have to stand in line for food. You might end up homeless does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

This might be a tactical decision in attempt to destroy opposition.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Price controls in the form of price ceilings will cause shortages as night follows day.
    If she gets around to price floors for other things, those will cause surpluses.
    That's just the way economics works regardless of how leftists wish it worked in their fantasy world.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I am still looking through the constitution to find the part on federal price control powers.

What national emergency will be declared as a prelude?

And it would be done via executive order. So what part of the executive branch of gov ment could make any of this stick?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am still looking through the constitution to find the part on federal price control powers.

What national emergency will be declared as a prelude?

And it would be done via executive order. So what part of the executive branch of gov ment could make any of this stick?

Check the economic stabilization act of 1970 which gives the executive branch broad powers to control prices, wages, rents, etc. Nixon used some of these in the early 70s.

It survived a court challenge from the meat packers union over constitutionality.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Check the economic stabilization act of 1970 which gives the executive branch broad powers to control prices, wages, rents, etc. Nixon used some of these in the early 70s.

It survived a court challenge from the meat packers union over constitutionality.

Overall, how much good did that do? I remember the inflation of the mid and late 70s. You couldn't buy a job.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Overall, how much good did that do? I remember the inflation of the mid and late 70s. You couldn't buy a job.
    Standing line marking time
    Waiting for the welfare dime
    'Cause they can't buy a job
    The man in the silk suit hurries by
    As he catches the poor old lady's eyes
    Just for fun he says, "Get a job"
    -- Bruce Hornsby

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

It did nothing positive and aggravated the gas crunch that was just around the corner. From that we got the DOE, another large corrupt bureaucracy spending money today like there's no tomorrow on mad green dreams.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I remember the gas shortages back when the price was controlled. Some places you could only get gas on odd or even days that matched your license plate number or some other types of rationing. Refineries had no incentive to refine gas because there was hardly any profit. Once the controls came off there was plenty of gas, is it better to have expensive gas or cheap gas but none to buy? Jim.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It did nothing positive and aggravated the gas crunch that was just around the corner. From that we got the DOE, another large corrupt bureaucracy spending money today like there's no tomorrow on mad green dreams.
    The younger generations seem intent on relearning the lessons my parents’ generation (and some of mine) had to learn, the hard way.

Top Bottom