• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Well, I am still in the Guard so I have to do some stuff but alot is just ingrained. :) Still eat to fast, use slang and jargon. Always step off with my left foot. Still PT and Run. Still have a high and tight. Always check my gig lines. I am polite and curteous until you show you dont deserve it. Like others have said you dont forget it and it will be with you for life.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Gigline and a good haircut, I still eat way too fast, I wanna *****slap people that throw ciggerete butts on the ground

Last edited:

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    I didn't even realize that I was still stepping off with the left foot, until I read the post about people still doing it. I then checked myself, and found out yep, so was I. I still lace my boots the same way, I used military time & the phonetic alphabet, with slight changes for some letters, for a long time, but that's also because I was a LEO, before I retired.
    The one that I noticed coming out of the military almost immediately was the use of the "asian/european 7 (7 with a horizontal line thru it)". I wasn't aware of it until my mom asked me why I was writing a 7 that way.
    I guess I wasn't alone with the white boxers, it wasn't until we got in country that they gave us the OD underwear, I gave up the boxers after the first month and went commando, because the boxers made you sweat too much, and lead to crotch rot.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    sstill

Wow, we need to send everyone through some sort of military traing program to be polite, courteous, and respectful human beings. People anymore are just slobs.

Yeah, That.

I still roll my underwear for storage. Clothes all point the same way. I still know how to polish boots but refrain most of the time because there are more important things in my life.
    I still hate to see some slob smoker throwing his butt on the ground and have been known to stop at a light and send somebodies butt back into their car thru an open window with a reminder to "Take care of your own EFFING garbage!" (I know. Not the wisest course of action) I picked up so many that I didn't smoke in the service that it still bugs me.
    My hair is shorter than a basic training burr these days.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    As a former paratrooper, I do most of the things you guys mentioned.

I also find myself sanitizing my AO at meals by combining all of the unused items into one small package. I will take the wrappers, put them in the yougurt container, put that in the sandwich baggie, etc. all before I throw them away. Some of my guys at work think it is a quirk, and the combat arms guys just smile knowingly and do the same thing. I can't help it.

THe other thing is cleaning. If my wife wants something really clean, she knows to turn me loose on it. She also knows it will probably involve me using a tool set to take things apart to get it "GI clean", and it will take some time. Remove the drain covers and scrub everything out, CLR the shower heads, etc. If you're gonna do it, might as well do it right.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As a former paratrooper, I do most of the things you guys mentioned.

I also find myself sanitizing my AO at meals by combining all of the unused items into one small package. I will take the wrappers, put them in the yougurt container, put that in the sandwich baggie, etc. all before I throw them away. Some of my guys at work think it is a quirk, and the combat arms guys just smile knowingly and do the same thing. I can't help it.

THe other thing is cleaning. If my wife wants something really clean, she knows to turn me loose on it. She also knows it will probably involve me using a tool set to take things apart to get it "GI clean", and it will take some time. Remove the drain covers and scrub everything out, CLR the shower heads, etc. If you're gonna do it, might as well do it right.

My wife does not let me help clean the house...

And she will NOT Iron any of my clothes either, However I am asked on occasion to iron her clothes if she has an important meeting...
    LIGHT STARCH THOUGH...

Top Bottom