• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    When I was a kid, my parents built one of the first homes in their particular subdivision. The surrounding couple hundred acres were owned by the developer and eventually became subdivision, but when we moved in, it was just old farm acreage. There was an old farm house and a barn on the property that we played in/around as kids. The house was just a ruin (it had long since collapsed) but the barn was in immaculate condition. We played in the barn all the time, especially in the hay loft, where there remained a hundred or so bales. My friends and I made a plan to meet-up at the barn one day after school to hang out. There were three of us in all and one of us got there about before me and the other kid. When I and the other kid showed up, there were police cars and policemen talking to our friend. Evidently he started working on our straw-bale fort before we got there (we had been working on it for days) and he finally moved the last layer of bales from the floor of the hay loft. Well, as he stepped-down from one bale into a pile of what he thought was just loose straw, his foot found the chest cavity of a decomposed body. Imagine stepping unknown into a skeleton and upon lifting your leg to take a step, your foot gets caught on the rib cage, this is what happened. Anyway, it turns out that the body belonged to an older guy who was on trial for child molestation. He missed the first day of the trial because he went to the barn, buried himself in the straw and shot himself in the head with a .38. The police later told us that he had been missing for about 18 months and was presumed to have been dead the whole time. It's interesting that we had been playing in the barn for about a year and never found him, or smelled him, but as soon as they removed the body, the stench was enough to keep us away. Anyway, that's my story. Hope it never happens again.

What!!! you cant make a statement like that and just leave it!!! what was the rest of the story??? :popcorn:

and I found a Hound dog that somebody brought into our woods and hanged it, I was about 13 or 14 kinda freaked me out, somebody had to hate that dog allot and be kinda twisted to hang it from a tree and leave it there told my Dad and he thought I was nuts until I took him out and showed him kind of creeped him out too. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    When I was a kid, my parents built one of the first homes in their particular subdivision. The surrounding couple hundred acres were owned by the developer and eventually became subdivision, but when we moved in, it was just old farm acreage. There was an old farm house and a barn on the property that we played in/around as kids. The house was just a ruin (it had long since collapsed) but the barn was in immaculate condition. We played in the barn all the time, especially in the hay loft, where there remained a hundred or so bales. My friends and I made a plan to meet-up at the barn one day after school to hang out. There were three of us in all and one of us got there about before me and the other kid. When I and the other kid showed up, there were police cars and policemen talking to our friend. Evidently he started working on our straw-bale fort before we got there (we had been working on it for days) and he finally moved the last layer of bales from the floor of the hay loft. Well, as he stepped-down from one bale into a pile of what he thought was just loose straw, his foot found the chest cavity of a decomposed body. Imagine stepping unknown into a skeleton and upon lifting your leg to take a step, your foot gets caught on the rib cage, this is what happened. Anyway, it turns out that the body belonged to an older guy who was on trial for child molestation. He missed the first day of the trial because he went to the barn, buried himself in the straw and shot himself in the head with a .38. The police later told us that he had been missing for about 18 months and was presumed to have been dead the whole time. It's interesting that we had been playing in the barn for about a year and never found him, or smelled him, but as soon as they removed the body, the stench was enough to keep us away. Anyway, that's my story. Hope it never happens again.

Wow kinda like right out of the movie Goonies!!, Thanks for sharing the story, that would have creeped me out as a kid too. sounds like a fitting end for the guy!! at least he saved the tax payers some money on the trial, thanks again for sharing your story. :thumbsup:

And yep like Sc_shooter says you win this thread hands down!!!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Okay, I have a good dead guy story. I had an Uncle that was a detective in the identification unit. My Dad and I were riding with him one day. I was probably around 12 at the time. I got to watch him dust for prints at a burglary first which I thought was pretty cool. The second call was a hanging in a park. It was an apparent suicide. So I got to watch them cut him down and then cart him to the funeral home. So then my Uncle has to break his fingers which were curled up, to fingerprint him. After the first couple of fingers I went out in the hall, but you could still hear those darn things cracking...

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    hey blaze261 it might be yours. i own better than a half mile of sugar creek
    by the way that was a long tine ago, if you forgot the keg how do you remember where it was

Just kiddin ya. I did bail some hay a couple houses north of you one time, ten or so years ago. You have a nice place.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Back when I was still living in Western NY and was DEEP in the woods one day I saw a Fisher. They are not supposed to have been there for about 150 or so years. Thought it was a giant black squirrel at first, then got closer and thought "what the **** is that thing?" Looked like a big black otter as it stopped and stared at me. I hopped off the quad and started chasing it, but it was a bit quicker than I. Went home and described it to my Dad and he said it sounds like a Fisher. Sure enough about a month later, he got one on the trail cam munching on a dead opossum used for bait. Weird lookin bugger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1BLOGHtss

Last edited:

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    How about getting ready to climb in your stand only to find someone else in it, and he didn't have permission to be there.:xmad:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I've been sitting in the woods. A woods that only I have permission to be in, when just about shooting time on opening morning a shot rings out. Leaves you wondering what to do, go run down an obviously armed trespasser or what.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    hmm lets see here.... found some pot plants once...found a meth lab a couple of years ago...found the head of a cow on a pile of logs in the woods,wierd thing was there was no place around there that had cows{that I know of}...OH and there was that "city" of hobos we came across last year...that was kinda creepy.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    It's interesting that we had been playing in the barn for about a year and never found him, or smelled him, but as soon as they removed the body, the stench was enough to keep us away. Anyway, that's my story. Hope it never happens again.

OK, this story helps explain why you are the way you are! :D:ar15:

[In all seriousness, that is a very creepy story!....Sorta blew everyone else's stories out of the water!]

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Well you got my attention Jack!!:D

People Screwing, Lunch and a Ho sounds like my younger days.

My woods are fairly devoid of most common things like that I did scare the hell out of a couple of poor kids who were playing Paintball one time when I walked up on them wearing BDUs carrying my AR and asked them if anybody could play, bet they never pull into a farm trail and decide to borrow somebodies woods again.

Decades ago a buddy and I had decide to do the whole go out to the woods and live off the squirrels and bow hunting deer thing for a weekend.

By Saturday evening we were pretty hungry and decided when we got back to camp with nothing but a fire, it wouldn't be cheating to walk back to the truck and run in to Nashville on a grocery run since it was already dark. We are tromping down a pitch black trail toward Crooked Creek Lake thinking about chocolate covered doughnuts and wham, up jumps "a deer" laying in the middle of the trail, starts giggling and suddenly splits in to two "deer" giggling and running down the trail down hill. We look at each other more or less in the pitch black moonless night and "WTF?"

About 5 more steps and I can see something white laying in the trail and pick it up. ROTFL, a pair of panties. So now we are the ones howling, laughing, clomping along and boom, darn near bump in to them again. They got lost running and couldn't find their way back to the car. ROTFL, "you lose these?" ROTFLMAO:laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Heh... when I read the thread title... I first thought it said "thongs found in the woods"...and as much as I'd like to post an appropriate photo to accompany that image, I doubt it would remain. <sigh> Oh well. Use your imagination. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Decades ago a buddy and I had decide to do the whole go out to the woods and live off the squirrels and bow hunting deer thing for a weekend.

By Saturday evening we were pretty hungry and decided when we got back to camp with nothing but a fire, it wouldn't be cheating to walk back to the truck and run in to Nashville on a grocery run since it was already dark. We are tromping down a pitch black trail toward Crooked Creek Lake thinking about chocolate covered doughnuts and wham, up jumps "a deer" laying in the middle of the trail, starts giggling and suddenly splits in to two "deer" giggling and running down the trail down hill. We look at each other more or less in the pitch black moonless night and "WTF?"

About 5 more steps and I can see something white laying in the trail and pick it up. ROTFL, a pair of panties. So now we are the ones howling, laughing, clomping along and boom, darn near bump in to them again. They got lost running and couldn't find their way back to the car. ROTFL, "you lose these?" ROTFLMAO:laugh:

HA! I was right! "Thongs found in the woods!" :rockwoot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1/2 box 12 ga. shot shells.

A recurve bow and a couple of arrows lying next to a log.
    Must have been there for a while because the laminate was coming apart
    but is was still strung. - Dang.

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I found a very well built stand on some property I was leasiing a couple years ago. I got a new camo seat, a buck bomb, and an 8-point set of ratlin antlers out of the deal. Oh yeah and an aluminum ladder.

Top Bottom