They say the end of the world is coming.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    LOL.

I've always wondered about that.

The debate on the presence or absence of 'God' has tentalized man's soul for ages. Now, it seems that the issue has evolved into which 'God' is the true one, or which denomination is the one that truly reflects 'God's' teachings.

With few exceptions the doctrinal differences between Christian denominations do not reflect issues that could be considered fundamental. Some baptize through submersion and some sprinkle. Some have church on Saturday and some on Sunday. It isn't the self righteous power struggle you make it out to be. However, to know that you would have to look deeper into the matter then what can be found on the internet.

Agent 007 said:
    When you talk to your "god" next time, tell him I said "thanks" that holier-than-thou proselytizers like you are fading into oblivion. Oh yeah, and ask him if he can loan you his magic spell check fairy dust. Telling people that don't agree with you that they are going to "hell" loses its effect when you can't even communicate effectively in your native tongue.

By the way, if you don't mind my asking.....exactly which of the many "Christian" denominations is the right one? I'd hate to be set on fire for all eternity by your loving god because I was born not knowing what club to join, and fell in with the wrong crowd.

Yes, because we all know that it is the confrontational atheists that are the superlative examples of how to get along and agree on everything. Posts like this are far too common in this type of discussion. Instead of engaging the topic with someone you disagree with you sought to discredit and insult him. It is just petty to wholly mischaracterize the argument and cite spelling errors as reason to subvert the posts intent.

You are obviously hung up on the concept of hell. Surely you know that flightsimmer's intent was not to condemn everyone who disagrees with him to hell but to offer an escape from that fate. Yet, rather then discussing it with humility (in other words...like an adult) you slung this demeaning and pointless blather. If given the choice between between the holier-than-thou proselytizer and the fist-shaking, mad at the sky atheist I would choose the former.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Theories don't become true until proven.
    Or until you bite the hook. :hooked:
    In reality, I could probably find a study that contributes global warming to methane gas in Mickey Mouse farts. It depends on whose bandwagon you want to jump on.

While I don't believe global warming will be the end of the world any time soon...I find it hard to believe that pumping millions upon millions of tons of byproducts and pollution into the atmosphere is healthy...in the short run or the long run.

Some people believe that if we continue the path we're on...it will destroy the earth in just a few short years. Others don't seem to care as long as it does not inconvenience their lifestyle. I personally believe both are wrong. :twocents:

Ahhhh...politics and religion. I love how it brings people together. :):

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    With few exceptions the doctrinal differences between Christian denominations do not reflect issues that could be considered fundamental. Some baptize through submersion and some sprinkle. Some have church on Saturday and some on Sunday. It isn't the self righteous power struggle you make it out to be. However, to know that you would have to look deeper into the matter then what can be found on the internet.

Yes, because we all know that it is the confrontational atheists that are the superlative examples of how to get along and agree on everything. Posts like this are far too common in this type of discussion. Instead of engaging the topic with someone you disagree with you sought to discredit and insult him. It is just petty to wholly mischaracterize the argument and cite spelling errors as reason to subvert the posts intent.

You are obviously hung up on the concept of hell. Surely you know that flightsimmer's intent was not to condemn everyone who disagrees with him to hell but to offer an escape from that fate. Yet, rather then discussing it with humility (in other words...like an adult) you slung this demeaning and pointless blather. If given the choice between between the holier-than-thou proselytizer and the fist-shaking, mad at the sky atheist I would choose the former.

+1 and some well deserved rep

Faith... Without it, we are little more than existing.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Or until you bite the hook. :hooked:
    In reality, I could probably find a study that contributes global warming to methane gas in Mickey Mouse farts. It depends on whose bandwagon you want to jump on.

While I don't believe global warming will be the end of the world any time soon...I find it hard to believe that pumping millions upon millions of tons of byproducts and pollution into the atmosphere is healthy...in the short run or the long run.

Some people believe that if we continue the path we're on...it will destroy the earth in just a few short years. Others don't seem to care as long as it does not inconvenience their lifestyle. I personally believe both are wrong. :twocents:

Ahhhh...politics and religion. I love how it brings people together. :):

Well thanks for that, who says you can't have fun while you learn!!

Back on topic: So what have you heard about the Mickey Farts? Was Ice Age really a true story? Will Al Gore heat his home with potaoes in the coming storm! Inquiring minds want to know!

Ha! Good stuff tonights, thanks

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :facepalm:
    anim_head_slap.gif
    anim_peep.gif
    moody-1.gif
    pixelhead_go_boom-1.gif
    2roqma8.gif

weird.gif

Tiptoe.gif

And that's all I've gotta say on this subject. :D

Last edited:

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    From what I have found, on the original topic of this thread, about the "end of the world" happening in 2012 because the Mayan calendar stops then, is nothing to be concerned about. This is just a little piece of info I found while searching this topic.
    "The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun).
    They measured long time periods by means of a Long Count, in which one 360-day year (a "Tun"), consists of 18 x 20-day "months" ("Uinals"). Twenty of these Tuns is a Katun; 20 Katuns is a Baktun (nearly 400 years); and 13 Baktuns adds up to a "Great Cycle" of 1,872,000 days, ( 5200 Tuns, or about 5125 years).
    Mayan scholars have been attempting to correlate the Long Count with our Western Gregorian calendar, since the beginning of this century. There has been massive variation in the suggested correlations, but as early as 1905, Goodman suggested a correlation only 3 days from the most popular one today. Known as the GMT correlation, or "correlation # 584283", this was finalized in 1950, and puts the start of the Great Cycle ( day 0.0.0.0.0) on 11th August 3114 BC, and the end-date (known as 13.0.0.0.0.) as 21st December 2012."
    All of this info was found on this site, that site's it's sources (and there are a lot of them) at the bottom of the page.
    http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The earth is only about 6000 years old

I keep seeing the ads for the book about this and I just LAUGH! Whoever in God's name thought this up is either a freaking moroon :): or he's the smartest man alive.

I say that because if he believes that, he's an idiot. If he doesn't believe it, he found a great way to make money and controversy over something stupid.

:thumbsup:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    The earth is only about 6000 years old

The book that told me this is the Bible

Well either you misread it or it is wrong!!

Won't even get into how the bible is not the word of God but simply a man's interpretation of God's word.

Flame suit on!!

I never said I don't believe in God I am just skeptical of some things, would love to meet him I got a bunch of questions.:)

Top Bottom