• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Holy crap , bigtanker , I had no idea they held that much . Ive never drove any thing with that much liquid . I have hauled some water tanks on the farm - but nothing like that . I have to ask , I know when driving the water tanker you can notice the movement of the liquid as you drive , on a tank that size can you feel the truck / liquid moving about ?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Holy crap , bigtanker , I had no idea they held that much . Ive never drove any thing with that much liquid . I have hauled some water tanks on the farm - but nothing like that . I have to ask , I know when driving the water tanker you can notice the movement of the liquid as you drive , on a tank that size can you feel the truck / liquid moving about ?

Nope. Each tanker has compartments and baffels in each compartment. 4 on the small one and 5 on the other two. The big one is 4,000, 2,000, 1,400, 2,000 and 4,000. 90% of the time I just fill it up. It's rock solid. Now if I only fill a compartment say 40 or 50% I can feel it a bit but the other ones are pretty much full.

I had a station that wouldn't hold everything I loaded and had to take 600 gallons in a 1500 gallon compartment (meduim size trailer) about 25 miles to another station. That was scary. I could feel it pushing me as I was just going at a steady speed down the road.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Nope. Each tanker has compartments and baffels in each compartment. 4 on the small one and 5 on the other two. The big one is 4,000, 2,000, 1,400, 2,000 and 4,000. 90% of the time I just fill it up. It's rock solid. Now if I only fill a compartment say 40 or 50% I can feel it a bit but the other ones are pretty much full.

I had a station that wouldn't hold everything I loaded and had to take 600 gallons in a 1500 gallon compartment (meduim size trailer) about 25 miles to another station. That was scary. I could feel it pushing me as I was just going at a steady speed down the road.

Yup that's what im talking about - I thought at times it was either going to roll the truck or I wouldn't get stopped . I want to thank you for taking the time and teaching me some thing -- that's cool as hell to know/learn new things . I had herd about baffels but wasn't piecing it together , the way you put it makes sence to me and I cant picture it in my simple mind -lol . Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom