• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was on the phone with her until 11:30? He was going to be in surgery until at least 1am. I'll check with her later in the day to see how it went. If she is sleeping now, I don't want to wake her up

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Let's say my 17 yr daughter was less than truthful with me.

Her Van broke down as she was driving home from her Mom's Sunday night. Just a couple of blocks from my house.

It acted like it was out of gas, so I ask her, how long since you put fuel in it?? (the gas gauge doesn't work) She said I put $10 in it yesterday.

So, my garage tows it in thinking it was the fuel pump. He puts it on the lift to drop the tank. Discovers there is no fuel in the tank. It didn't need a fuel pump, it needed freaking gas......:xmad:

So, an empty gas tank cost me $50 tow plus the garage $80 service charge.............Grrrrrrr

This was my evening yesterday. Daughter is grounded for a couple of weeks....

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sounds like she has a tow bill and service charge to pay for as well. :dunno:

that's what I would do as well

when I got my first car, I was responsible for it.

Dad would help with mechanical issues, changing oil etc. I had to pay for it though. Pay for gas, insurance, the whole shabang.

I am so afraid of what my Dad would have done to me in that situation

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Sounds like she has a tow bill and service charge to pay for as well. :dunno:

She doesn't have any money. Her part time job is working as a busser at the country club. They have been slow and she is only getting about 8 hours a week. She has to save that money to pay for her car insurance.

I provide the van & repairs. She has to buy her own gas and most of the insurance.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    She doesn't have any money. Her part time job is working as a busser at the country club. They have been slow and she is only getting about 8 hours a week. She has to save that money to pay for her car insurance.

I provide the van & repairs. She has to buy her own gas and most of the insurance.

I just decided to add an additional duty to her grounding, since she can't pay me back. She has to clean out the litter boxes for the next month...

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

Ahhh...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom