Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Let's say my 17 yr daughter was less than truthful with me.

Her Van broke down as she was driving home from her Mom's Sunday night. Just a couple of blocks from my house.

It acted like it was out of gas, so I ask her, how long since you put fuel in it?? (the gas gauge doesn't work) She said I put $10 in it yesterday.

So, my garage tows it in thinking it was the fuel pump. He puts it on the lift to drop the tank. Discovers there is no fuel in the tank. It didn't need a fuel pump, it needed freaking gas......:xmad:

So, an empty gas tank cost me $50 tow plus the garage $80 service charge.............Grrrrrrr
    Ouch! That is just.................

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    :wavey:

Boats always suck.

Sam, I learned a long time ago that just because they say they put gas in it doesn't mean they did. I run into that with boat people all the time. :D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    :wavey:

Boats always suck.

Sam, I learned a long time ago that just because they say they put gas in it doesn't mean they did. I run into that with boat people all the time. :D

Oh yeah. That little voice in the back of my head said "put gas in it", but I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds, so I didn't. Next time I will listen...

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Learned something today about obamas ACA and how it pertained to temporary help. I learned that a certain department ay work didn't do there homework and caused a lot of unnecessary stress amongst managers who relied on temps. ****ing worthless dept.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Learned something today about obamas ACA and how it pertained to temporary help. I learned that a certain department ay work didn't do there homework and caused a lot of unnecessary stress amongst managers who relied on temps. ****ing worthless dept.

Ouch, that can be an expensive mistake...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know of certain employers that won't allow any part timers to work more than 25 hr a week. They don't want to even get close to the 30 hr number.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom