• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I am so lost. This thread is more confusing than the prices at the show... I did see some sweet ww1/2 1911s at a decent price. I almost ran to the car to sell my edc and my new bcm to buy the darn thing...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    OK in all honesty what did you even expect when you went there.
    That this even remotely surprises you is sort of troubling.

No knock on you my brother but member since 08 and this is news to you.....?????
    That's kind of what I was thinking when I was standing in line at the 1500, what do all these people expect to find inside? Were they hoping the would find that one table with 9mm for 10.00 box lol. I took stuff to sell not buy. An older couple behind me were there for ammo so I sold them some 9mm for i'm sure cheaper than I had to. Inside I sold a brick of .22's to a couple ladies for a third of what the tables had it for but they were looking at 50rd boxes for 10.00 so I offered them mine. Sold the rest of my odds and ends, looked around and left.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK in all honesty what did you even expect when you went there.
    That this even remotely surprises you is sort of troubling.

No knock on you my brother but member since 08 and this is news to you.....?????
    I went to SELL SELL SELL!

Now is not the time to buy. Life is all about timing. So, I sold then turned about and invested the money I made . . . Ok . . . I also went to a brewery that I had not been to . . . but you know.:D

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I went to SELL SELL SELL!

Now is not the time to buy. Life is all about timing. So, I sold then turned about and invested the money I made . . . Ok . . . I also went to a brewery that I had not been to . . . but you know.:D

Invested in a new experience, uh, yeah, that's what I tell the wife. As she rolls her eyes hard enough to change the Earth's rotational speed for a minute.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Crown Point show? Yes, ammo was there but high. Hold, hold, wait for it . . . keep holding.

I brought ammo for a REASONABLE price but none of you bought any so I just sold a couple of guns and left . . . Ok . . . maybe not right away . . . maybe there was a brief stop at Off Square Brewing . . . Ok, not brief, but it was deeeelish.
    This thread now has value; looks like they got some ramen there... :drool:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Folks, gun show prices are set before the doors open. Dealers compare and adjust prices before you see them. They know the market, it’s their livelihood. Reasonable or bargain are not terms to be heard soon from the gun show crowds.
    Not only that, but if someone has something that is significantly below market price, other dealers will buy it before the customers see it. I sold a few thousand rounds of ammo on Friday and sold out of a couple calibers before the show opened on Saturday.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Just wait till the gun control bills are up for a vote.
    One or two passed the House of Reps today. Prices are going to go up as soon as the news reaches the masses. And it doesn't matter what what it relates to, it's going to spike sales in everything gun related. And the more bills they pass, the worse it will get.

gopher29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Are people really buying more ammo at these prices? And, if so, why haven't the manufacturers stepped up their production?

Top Bottom