• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Ever see a bad training review? Nope, everyone got a "nugget" from a class and I am sure people get the same from these jokers. For $125 a class I'd say that is a cheap nugget.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Tactically, that video 'instruction' is a good, solid '9'.

Well, that's on a scale of 1 - 347,428, 615, of course. :laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow! Really? I must not be looking hard enough, I have yet to see any. Not that I want to see negative reviews per se, but not every class can be great.

Yep! One was (in my opinion) based on a significant misunderstanding of something I said (the person assumed the exact opposite of what I said and what I mean for some reason). The other was probably not intended to be read by us, but once you put something out there, you can't control its ultimate destination(s). That grievance was (again in my opinion) based on a expectations that were not consistent with the advertised intent of the course.

In both cases we learned from those comments and hopefully we won't see a repeat, at least for the same reasons.

2 out of what...20, 200, 2000? I have a feeling that it is a small % of the total.

I hope so! HAHA!

I haven't had the need to write a negative review of a class yet, but I think that's because I'm very careful about selection of teacher/class and I have realistic expectations going into it. I have had some significant criticisms that I shared privately with the instructor afterward with no ill-will from either direction afterward. There was one seminar I attended a few years ago that I had plenty to say about it, but I knew with certainty that my feedback would not be appreciated or accepted the way it was intended, nor would it result in any positive results, so I saw no point in providing it.

I welcome criticism of my presentations (as does obijohn) because we need to know what we're doing not so well so that we can improve. Jackson has been very valuable in offering constructive criticism and I have learned much from it. I hope that I have improved in those areas.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Wow! Really? I must not be looking hard enough, I have yet to see any. Not that I want to see negative reviews per se, but not every class can be great.

I have posted less than stellar reviews of courses. I tend not to give too much opinion and just explain what we did, the intent, and whether I felt they met the intent. So they aren't exactly "good" or "Bad". But some are not all that positive.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have posted less than stellar reviews of courses. I tend not to give too much opinion and just explain what we did, the intent, and whether I felt they met the intent. So they aren't exactly "good" or "Bad". But some are not all that positive.

We are straying off the topic a bit, but I think that kind of feedback is very much necessary. With the scene of "tactical training" continuing to expand, those legitimate instructors need good feedback to make sure their methods are working. Those that are just out for the publicity and $$ aren't going to care much anyway and are going to great lengths (like silly youtube videos of outlandish tactics and scenarios) to try to gain a following.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I would be so dead for a few reasons.
    1. I do not have a truck
    2. I would have to wait for the power doors on the minivan
    3. My gun must not have high enough capacity 'clips' to put several targets on round.

Top Bottom