• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That I get, but do people really want major possible plot points being told even before the show approaches those points? I obviously have already seen the episode, AND being the nerd that I am, already up to date with the comic. I'm just not trying to spoil the fun. This is a discussion thread. We discuss the episode that just aired, not drop possible dimes of upcoming stuff that haven't been onscreen yet.

I agree, I haven't read the comics, & will now try & forget the spoiler....try....sigh

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    14721742_984455175009995_2274383412552658196_n.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That I get, but do people really want major possible plot points being told even before the show approaches those points? I obviously have already seen the episode, AND being the nerd that I am, already up to date with the comic. I'm just not trying to spoil the fun. This is a discussion thread. We discuss the episode that just aired, not drop possible dimes of upcoming stuff that haven't been onscreen yet.

^^^THIS^^^

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    TRIGGER WARNING!!! (Near the same as spoiler, right?)

As I understand it in the comics Negan is somehow overthrown/deposed. I am guessing that Daryl will get to the guy who stole his bow and do a headjob on him to get things into line.

That said, why on EARTH would they EVER keep Negan alive??? This man has shown a clear lack of any moral or ethical behavior. He has shown an ability to lead people with extreme violence. He lacks any remorse for his actions, yet in the comics he is a prisoner???

Maggie alone would be enough justification to feed him to Ramsey Bolton, and bring the popcorn to watch the show. Hell, Ramsey might not be enough for Negan.

My gut would say to flay him alive and see how long we could keep him alive. My brain tells me to put a .45 through his skull and then have him drawn & quartered just to be sure.

We shall see how it plays out, but I can't believe the characters portrayed in the TV show would tolerate his existence for any longer than necessary.

Regards,

Doug

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    TRIGGER WARNING!!! (Near the same as spoiler, right?)

As I understand it in the comics Negan is somehow overthrown/deposed. I am guessing that Daryl will get to the guy who stole his bow and do a headjob on him to get things into line.

That said, why on EARTH would they EVER keep Negan alive??? This man has shown a clear lack of any moral or ethical behavior. He has shown an ability to lead people with extreme violence. He lacks any remorse for his actions, yet in the comics he is a prisoner???

Maggie alone would be enough justification to feed him to Ramsey Bolton, and bring the popcorn to watch the show. Hell, Ramsey might not be enough for Negan.

My gut would say to flay him alive and see how long we could keep him alive. My brain tells me to put a .45 through his skull and then have him drawn & quartered just to be sure.

We shall see how it plays out, but I can't believe the characters portrayed in the TV show would tolerate his existence for any longer than necessary.

Regards,

Doug

Because Rick wants to rebuild society as it was, and as such. He feels that he has too much at stake to sentence him to death. Too much vengeance to serve justice.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Because Rick wants to rebuild society as it was, and as such. He feels that he has too much at stake to sentence him to death. Too much vengeance to serve justice.

I think the principles of keeping prisoners may go by the wayside when society takes a dump. Feeding someone, and manpower to keep an eye on them. They're too busy trying to live.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Agree. I thought the bit with Rick, the kid and the hatchet was a nice touch. It recalled Abraham and Isaac from the old testament.

The last episode of Fear The Walking Dead had a whole "prodigal son" theme running through it....I do not know whether Kirkman is a believer or not but he certainly seems to mine the scriptures for some of his plot points.....

I am reminded of something Christopher Hitchens once said on C Span...Hitch is a notorious Atheist (actually more Agnostic IMHO) and had written a beautiful essay on the KJV of the bible titled "How the King saved God" which is a must read for believers and non believers alike....Hitch stated emphatically in this interview that he believed the KJV of the bible should be taught in school from 6th grade through 12th grade...The interviewer was incredulous..He said, "You don't even believe and yet you think the KJV of the bible should be taught in school??? That doesn't make any sense to me..." Hitch said something along the lines of "Yes....And no western literature, art, or study of law will make any sense to a college freshman if he or she does not have a knowledge of where all of that stems from....I may not believe but I would have to be ignorant to deny where the values of western culture come from..."

One was enough...I kind of expected Abraham....They didn't have to do two...On the plus side there are a few more now available ladies in the group....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The last episode of Fear The Walking Dead had a whole "prodigal son" theme running through it....I do not know whether Kirkman is a believer or not but he certainly seems to mine the scriptures for some of his plot points.....

I am reminded of something Christopher Hitchens once said on C Span...Hitch is a notorious Atheist (actually more Agnostic IMHO) and had written a beautiful essay on the KJV of the bible titled "How the King saved God" which is a must read for believers and non believers alike....Hitch stated emphatically in this interview that he believed the KJV of the bible should be taught in school from 6th grade through 12th grade...The interviewer was incredulous..He said, "You don't even believe and yet you think the KJV of the bible should be taught in school??? That doesn't make any sense to me..." Hitch said something along the lines of "Yes....And no western literature, art, or study of law will make any sense to a college freshman if he or she does not have a knowledge of where all of that stems from....I may not believe but I would have to be ignorant to deny where the values of western culture come from..."

One was enough...I kind of expected Abraham....They didn't have to do two...On the plus side there are a few more now available ladies in the group....

And some contracts were up I suppose....Or someone asked for a raise...:)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, I was wrong about Daryl. He's still alive - kinda - shot in the shoulder and dragged off for carving should Rick get out of line...but alive.

Goodbye Abraham, I will miss your expletive one liners MUCH! You were hilarious and the only true operator in the group...yet, there you were letting everyone walk into trap after trap. I love Maggie, but one person can't get everyone killed.

Goodbye Glenn - you were the last to kill a live human and your humanitarian morality was a balance, but no more. You will be missed, but then hey Maggie is now available! Cool.

I'm with whoever said get a boat and race down river and away from that psycho and his army. Get out of Dodge and save those who are left, start over somewhere else. But then, I'm quite sure that's not in the plot. They never do what I'd do anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^^Yeah, sorry Daryl. I understand loyalty and all, but c'mon Negan is a stone cold psycho. I'd tell the group to pack their stuff and head someplace else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I was wrong about Daryl. He's still alive - kinda - shot in the shoulder and dragged off for carving should Rick get out of line...but alive.

Goodbye Abraham, I will miss your expletive one liners MUCH! You were hilarious and the only true operator in the group...yet, there you were letting everyone walk into trap after trap. I love Maggie, but one person can't get everyone killed.

Goodbye Glenn - you were the last to kill a live human and your humanitarian morality was a balance, but no more. You will be missed, but then hey Maggie is now available! Cool.

I'm with whoever said get a boat and race down river and away from that psycho and his army. Get out of Dodge and save those who are left, start over somewhere else. But then, I'm quite sure that's not in the plot. They never do what I'd do anyway.

I think the total lack of clear tactical thinking has let me wonder away from watching this week in and week out.
    Not much different than the crew being pursued in the haunted house the "Splits" up and goes off solo. Never go into the basement damn it. Just do not do it.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I think the total lack of clear tactical thinking has let me wonder away from watching this week in and week out.
    Not much different than the crew being pursued in the haunted house the "Splits" up and goes off solo. Never go into the basement damn it. Just do not do it.

I hear ya CM. My son bailed a couple season ago, "They always find a way to do the wrong thing don't they? Don't they ever learn?" Ha! I still watch, I still find situations where I'm challenged to think what I'd do...then watch what they do and what kind of trouble they get in. Have to say this episode was especially brutal. Not sure how someone like Negan stays in power.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hear ya CM. My son bailed a couple season ago, "They always find a way to do the wrong thing don't they? Don't they ever learn?" Ha! I still watch, I still find situations where I'm challenged to think what I'd do...then watch what they do and what kind of trouble they get in. Have to say this episode was especially brutal. Not sure how someone like Negan stays in power.

To be fair, I know quite a few people would would've made the exact same stupid choices as the cast of TWD. It's not the choices that they make, it's how they're alive to keep making them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To be fair, I know quite a few people would would've made the exact same stupid choices as the cast of TWD. It's not the choices that they make, it's how they're alive to keep making them.

And here is the answer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
    To keep doing the dumb **** they do tactically and manage to survive is beyond amazing.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Well...yeah...they don't all survive as we continue to lose from time to time, but the fact that Rick and Carl and the baby are still alive - TV magic. LOL.

Top Bottom