Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    What town is this in?

EDIT: I think it's Opuzen, Croatia.

This is his second mural there. He participated in their art festival last year and was invited back. This painting is getting so much attention on his FB page and on the festival page. I just love it!

Mom I am in awe of this young mans ability's.

Me too. I knew he could draw pretty well even as a child, but he just keeps improving.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't updated for a while...work is impacting my schedule.

The artist is on a plane heading for the US. He should arrive in Boston around 9 tonight where he plans to "couch surf" for a couple of days before arriving at O'Hare on Saturday. I believe he will be in town for a month or two and then head back to Belgrade. I am working on lining up some work for him so maybe he will leave his mark on Indiana as well.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So my son has been home visiting with us since October 5th. The day he flew in, he was contacted by the county community development foundation about a project in response to an email I had sent to a few local agencies asking if they had any potential projects they might consider him for while he is home. Today, he started a mural in Starke County as part of the Stellar Communities Program that they are trying to get a grant from.

He was only planning to stay a month, but the opportunity to paint something in our local community and earn some extra $$ has him staying until December 1st. The plane ticket is bought so that is set.

He has done one commissioned piece for a coworker of mine and has another started for a family friend with leads for a couple more.

Here is a photo of the mural started today....lots to do yet but should be done by the end of the week based on the current weather forecast. This is being painted in downtown North Judson so anyone local who wishes to see him at work, he is anticipating having this completed in the next two or three days and plans to be there from sun up to sun down. Sorry about the picture quality, my phone isn't great for pictures and it was rather overcast.

NQUSBcU.jpg

This is the commissioned painting he completed last weekend for my coworker.

nQsuQY6.jpg

6GBiQ0o.jpg

2KU5NCG.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    About two more weeks and Anthony will be returning to Belgrade. He is in Indy this week visiting friends but will be back on Friday.

This morning, this video was shared on the local news radio site. He and his mural he painted in North Judson last week are featured throughout. It does take you to their FB page to view it so without FB, you won't be able to see it. https://wkvi.com/2019/11/constellat...orate-on-rdp-for-stellar-selection-committee/

These are final photos when he was done painting.

Sz6RMHg.jpg

eMtP5yI.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :yesway: That's awesome! Next time I go up to Bailey's, I'll drive by and take a look.

219 Lane Street if you want to google it. If you turn off of 10 at the Napa store, you can't miss it. It's about a half a block west of Fingerhut bakery.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've been called far worse than a crazy cat lady! LOL! When I had 150 chickens and about the same number of guinea fowl running around my yard, that was far more interesting than when we had 23 cats. Four cats seems like nothing now. I hardly even know they are here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't updated for a few months. My son has been on lockdown basically in his studio/apartment in Belgrade.

He has done several drawings, paintings and various projects and has been working on applying to mural projects and such for this year. Whether or not he will be allowed to travel to do the projects is yet to be determined.

He has recently created a You Tube channel and has posted a few time lapse videos and videos regarding some of his projects.

This is a link to his Mother's Day drawing...from a photo my dad took of me a "few" years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTmD_gXEcbM

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son returned for a visit at the beginning of August and has several projects scheduled in spite of others being canceled due to COVID, funding changes, etc.

He started this painting on Tuesday and finished last night. It is located in southwestern Starke County on a private residence but is easily seen from the street. It is amazing.

A2hceMs.jpg

Hom9e7O.jpg

zGLnlHM.jpg

GpwrJ9L.jpg

okAYK2s.jpg

He will be driving to Logansport for his next project that should take approximately two weeks to complete and then will move on to Lafayette where he has two more paintings to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son returned for a visit at the beginning of August and has several projects scheduled in spite of others being canceled due to COVID, funding changes, etc.

He started this painting on Tuesday and finished last night. It is located in southwestern Starke County on a private residence but is easily seen from the street. It is amazing.

A2hceMs.jpg

Hom9e7O.jpg

zGLnlHM.jpg

GpwrJ9L.jpg

okAYK2s.jpg

He will be driving to Logansport for his next project that should take approximately two weeks to complete and then will move on to Lafayette where he has two more paintings to do.

:thumpsup:

Top Bottom