• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hurculeasz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    IMHO it doesn't matter who we vote in. Whoever is placed in office has been given so many handouts by different groups, they have too many backs to scratch. Even a respectable candidate ends up corrupt in the end.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    IMHO it doesn't matter who we vote in. Whoever is placed in office has been given so many handouts by different groups, they have too many backs to scratch. Even a respectable candidate ends up corrupt in the end.

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted." - Frank Herbert

"I do not believe that the solution to our problem is simply to elect the right people. The important thing is to establish a political climate of opinion which will make it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing. Unless it is politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing, the right people will not do the right thing either, or if they try, they will shortly be out of office." – Milton Friedman

Now if only we could agree on what the "right thing" is...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What gets me is everyone keeps saying a vote for third party is a vote for Obama, which means they don't think that someone on the other side may be saying a vote for a third party is a vote for Romney.

What you don't understand about staunch Republicans is that they feel entitled to the "liberty" vote because their leaders routinely lie to them & convince them that the Republican Party is fiscally conservative & supports gun rights. :rolleyes:

They fail to understand that liberty means "keep your hand out of my wallet & stay out of my personal affairs". The fact that they think Romney will capture (or is owed) the votes of liberty-minded people is proof enough that they're nutty. :nuts:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom