• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think the E2 grip makes it any smoother, but it definitely lowers the double action trigger pull weight by an amount you will easily notice.

The grips themselves don't, but the difference in the mainspring assembly does (IMO). The E2 equipped guns have a different strut/mainspring assembly to clear the different grip, and even if you swap legacy grips onto them I think it still feels a bit lighter.

The Legion hit a hard service again last night. The first time was when I had a double feed during a drill, so I ditched it. Last night I was trying to be as Kirk-like as possible by not removing my pistola from the holster whilst using a men's room. The holster flipped over my belt and dumped the Sig on the tile.

I can't win.

At least it wasn't a P320...

I unholster when I...sit. I'm not dumping....my gun on the ground. Especially with a heavy gun, it can happen even with a reinforced belt.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The grips themselves don't, but the difference in the mainspring assembly does (IMO). The E2 equipped guns have a different strut/mainspring assembly to clear the different grip, and even if you swap legacy grips onto them I think it still feels a bit lighter.

At least it wasn't a P320...

I unholster when I...sit. I'm not dumping....my gun on the ground. Especially with a heavy gun, it can happen even with a reinforced belt.

I'm going to have to go back to that (as I did previously before I succumbed to Kirk's Peer Pressure).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, the P220 Carry Legion... I have it inside of a bag shoved into the new Kirkpatrick Leather Holster (IWB)right now, stretching it out some... it was pretty tight.

The 10mm is going to be hard to resist.

If they do a SAO 10mm P220 Legion . . . I fear for my checkbook.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I already have this one, so I doubt I would go for another.

DSC00482-1.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Someday...I want to see Expat's gun safe. I hope he has Cushman scooters to ride so a person can see it all in a day. :p :laugh:

Congratulations on the new Legion!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wish Gray Guns made a short reach version of that trigger. The standard Sig short reach trigger doesn't have the overtravel stop or quite the same geometry.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    NHT3 and I met up for some shooting today and I gave my new-to-me P220 Elite a test run. As expected, quite happy with it. It's the "Extreme Elite", although it's not got the G10 grips any longer. I'll probably pick some up and return it to original configuration.

For pure accuracy work, the P220 is still my go-to Sig. I don't know why, but it just feels so right. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The "Sig"ness struck me also, and I was able to pickup a new-to-me 229. It seemed to be in almost new condition on the exterior, and on the inside, I didn't detect the slightest bit of wear on the rails .... the anodizing was deep black, just like factory new. The savings (probably because it was .40 cal.) will allow me to justify buying a .357 Sig barrel for it. I've always wanted a gun in .357 Sig.

Test-fired a box of .40 through it, and it performed just like you'd expect a Sig to perform .... flawless !

i-7zS3z9R-XL.jpg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The "Sig"ness struck me also, and I was able to pickup a new-to-me 229. It seemed to be in almost new condition on the exterior, and on the inside, I didn't detect the slightest bit of wear on the rails .... the anodizing was deep black, just like factory new. The savings (probably because it was .40 cal.) will allow me to justify buying a .357 Sig barrel for it. I've always wanted a gun in .357 Sig.

Test-fired a box of .40 through it, and it performed just like you'd expect a Sig to perform .... flawless !

i-7zS3z9R-XL.jpg

Congrats MM! I have the same gun (railed version) I bought from Bud's as a Sig CPO. I ended up adding Hogue griips, X-ray sights and a short reset trigger kit and the gun is now very nice. Oh and I added the .357 Sig barrel and yes, that caliber is a hoot :yesway:

WxqWenX.jpg

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am now DREAMING in SIG!!!

I had a dream last night that my P226 was in camouflage (!), and our of nowhere, I ended up with a second camo'ed gun that was a P229! At first I was upset thinking it was my P226 that had shrunk, until I realized that I now had both the P226 and P229 in camo, and I calmed down a bit!!!

Funny thing is, I honestly don't have any great desire for a P229. Would much prefer the full-sized P220, especially the Legion!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Congrats MM! I have the same gun (railed version) I bought from Bud's as a Sig CPO. I ended up adding Hogue griips, X-ray sights and a short reset trigger kit and the gun is now very nice. Oh and I added the .357 Sig barrel and yes, that caliber is a hoot :yesway:

WxqWenX.jpg

I'm going to look into some different sights. For some reason, I'm drawn to the ones (TFX Tru-glo ?) with a fiber optic front sight.

Congrats MM and like wtb, I did the same thing.
    It was also my first Sig.

Thanks, Expat ! This is actually my second Sig. I also own a 226 Nitron, but wanted one that was a little smaller and rail-less, making it a bit easier to conceal carry.

Top Bottom