• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When I think of carrying any classic P-series, I look towards my shoulder holsters. The 220, 226, and 229 are 3-season guns for me..... easy to carry, except for summer wear.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    6Uu0gWB.jpg

Going down old carry pistol memory lane tonight, really enjoyed the 229 but it was just too fat for me to carry well IMHO.
    Maybe your just too skinny!

I’ve been carrying a 226 appendix, once in a while 3:30 iwb, and I can’t conceal in a T shirt (if I care) but do pretty good in a button up. I definitely have a retention belly.

Body make up is huge, but what I’m discovering from making my own holsters and comparing them to ones I collect over time is that the smallest thing like ride height or wing placement or cant can make the biggest difference in comfort and concealment.

I tend to make a pretty high ride appendix holster. Kinda counterintuitive but working for now.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Maybe your just too skinny!

I’ve been carrying a 226 appendix, once in a while 3:30 iwb, and I can’t conceal in a T shirt (if I care) but do pretty good in a button up. I definitely have a retention belly.

Body make up is huge, but what I’m discovering from making my own holsters and comparing them to ones I collect over time is that the smallest thing like ride height or wing placement or cant can make the biggest difference in comfort and concealment.

I tend to make a pretty high ride appendix holster. Kinda counterintuitive but working for now.

I most definitely am lol , anything much over an inch wide starts to give me issues. I also refuse to "dress around the gun" since enough people twice my age already call me sir at work:abused:. Button ups are for work at least for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carried one of my P229s at an Indians game last week with a spare mag. It was OWB at 3 o’clock under an untucked button down shirt. No issues at all concealing it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I carried one of my P229s at an Indians game last week with a spare mag. It was OWB at 3 o’clock under an untucked button down shirt. No issues at all concealing it.
    I’ve never understood how anything owb can be considered concealed. It just doesn’t work for me, even with a jacket on.
    Maybe I’m hippy. Honey, does this gun make me look fat?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

P365 Ammo + Mag Redemption Offer
    Thank you for purchasing a SIG SAUER P365 pistol. SIG SAUER is currently offering (1) 20 round box of SIG SAUER ammunition and (1) P365 magazine to anyone* who purchases a new P365 pistol from July 25 - September 25, 2022 (some restrictions apply, read the terms below for details).
    To receive your additional magazine and box of ammunition at no charge, we have developed the following process, please follow the steps to determine if you are eligible and to place your order.

• Step 1 – Click HERE to create an account. If you already have an account, continue to step 2.

• Step 2 – Click HERE to verify your serial number's eligibility. If approved you will be redirected to a form to fill out along with uploading a picture of your receipt and serial number sticker on the side of your new pistol case.

• Step 3 – Your submission will be validated by SIG SAUER within the next 6-8 weeks. Once approved you will receive an email with instructions on how to order along with a promotion code for your magazine and box of ammo.
    For any additional questions or concerns please reach out to SIG SAUER Customer service at 603-610-3000 Option 1.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i rotate between 1 of 2 p229s or a p220. i will add my p320 to the rotation in the next week or so.

usually carry at 3,4 or 6 o'clock. the belly meat discourages anything else

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    i rotate between 1 of 2 p229s or a p220. i will add my p320 to the rotation in the next week or so.

usually carry at 3,4 or 6 o'clock. the belly meat discourages anything else
    Once I had a P220ST, P225, P228, P229 & a P239SAS in 45acp, 9mm, 40 S&W & 357 SIG
    I was all about the SIGs, had Beretta, Glock. Colt, Hk & Ruger too
    Thinned the heard back then & went without for a long time & then a SIG P320 came my way
    Now it's the SIG Sauer P365XL...
    These flat thin carry guns are the future of concealed carry even though they aren't as much fun to shoot at the range because of recoil
    My last few carry handguns have been the M&P Shield 2.0, Glock 43X, Springfield Hellcat & SIG P365XL in 9mm para
    Last 40 S&W is a P2000sk Heckler & Koch & recently picked up a Ruger SP101 357 2 1/4" snub

Being old & having that "Belly Meat" does make appendix carry a thing of the past for me + have a hernia as well...

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Once I had a P220ST, P225, P228, P229 & a P239SAS in 45acp, 9mm, 40 S&W & 357 SIG
    I was all about the SIGs, had Beretta, Glock. Colt, Hk & Ruger too
    Thinned the heard back then & went without for a long time & then a SIG P320 came my way
    Now it's the SIG Sauer P365XL...
    These flat thin carry guns are the future of concealed carry even though they aren't as much fun to shoot at the range because of recoil
    My last few carry handguns have been the M&P Shield 2.0, Glock 43X, Springfield Hellcat & SIG P365XL in 9mm para
    Last 40 S&W is a P2000sk Heckler & Koch & recently picked up a Ruger SP101 357 2 1/4" snub

Being old & having that "Belly Meat" does make appendix carry a thing of the past for me + have a hernia as well...
    wow...

you make me feel like an amatuer after reading your list if sigs. lol

i checked out a p228 sas in 40 earlier today. i might go back 2moro to drool on it a lil more. i got my p320 (40 s&w) a few weeks back. i really want a .45. may still get one for my bday.

i sold my sp101 snubby almost 2 yrs ago. still kicking myself. i re-aquired my s&w mp shield 2.0 pc 40 from a fool a few months ago.

the last regret was the s&w 4096 that i "donated" to a really close friend in need. at least i can get it back. might see if i can swap it out for something else.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    wow...

you make me feel like an amatuer after reading your list if sigs. lol

i checked out a p228 sas in 40 earlier today. i might go back 2moro to drool on it a lil more. i got my p320 (40 s&w) a few weeks back. i really want a .45. may still get one for my bday.

i sold my sp101 snubby almost 2 yrs ago. still kicking myself. i re-aquired my s&w mp shield 2.0 pc 40 from a fool a few months ago.

the last regret was the s&w 4096 that i "donated" to a really close friend in need. at least i can get it back. might see if i can swap it out for something else.
    Yeah, but those are USED TO HAVE & sold every one of the when I was buying my 1st house about 22-25 years ago
    It used to be the thrill of the hunt at every gun show within 100+ miles, I don't go anymore since my range buddy Mean Marcus passed away six years ago...
    I'm getting ready to meet a fellow INGO member @ Bass Pro Shop in an hour to sell him a SIG P320
    SIG P230 X-Carry Grey Ghost.jpg

Good Bye SIG... Hello SIG...

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, but those are USED TO HAVE & sold every one of the when I was buying my 1st house about 22-25 years ago
    It used to be the thrill of the hunt at every gun show within 100+ miles, I don't go anymore since my range buddy Mean Marcus passed away six years ago...
    I'm getting ready to meet a fellow INGO member @ Bass Pro Shop in an hour to sell him a SIG P320
    View attachment 217475

Good Bye SIG... Hello SIG...
    sorry to hear of the loss of a brother.

may the sig always bring happiness.

i'm fighting myself to keep from going to look at the p228 i saw yesterday.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You'll go back for the 228. :thumbsup: I did last summer... It was sitting in the bottom of the used case at a local fun shop. Count not pass on it.
    lol...i did go back for it. was going to buy it but wouldn't negotiate.

then i found this

i can't believe nobody told me about this place.

now i have to sell some plasma

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage

then i found this

Do your homework on these guys... googlefu sigsauerarmory scam. :nailbite:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

then i found this

I think that is a scam site. There are a bunch of those popping up. They have products that nobody else can source for prices below what others sell for and they don’t accept credit cards. Zelle or bitcoin only, so once the money is gone, it’s gone.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom