• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess I understand the idea of being able to decock without just pulling the trigger for disassembly, but having a big button on top of the slide, even thought is flat to the slide, seems questionable to me if it leaves you with a dead trigger. But YMMV. And yes I was sure it was a dead trigger. I carry primarily DA/SA pistols, so I am familiar with using a decocker to have the long DA pull for carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ordered 8 used P229. 40 mags from a company that I had not ordered from before. They have used mags for $19 and ver used mags for $9 so I ordered 4 of each. New Sig mags are running $50 for the .40 12 rounders.

Fingers crossed that they are a good company to do business with. The company is AB Prototype.

I had a tracking number not long after noon today, so the company seems to be decent so far

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a chance to run the Fairfax P226 yesterday to check function after the GG SRT install. What a fantastic gun that is. The reset is now nice and short with good feedback.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to be a bore axis snob. One day at the range, I shot a buddy's P226 Legion and came away questioning my life's choices. How could it shoot so well with that massive bore height? It seemed so obvious that the low bore axis would be better yet it made no difference.

I had an apostrophe! A bolt of lightning straight to the brain. Maybe bore axis doesn't mean squat when shooting? My perspective grew 3 sizes that day.

Now, except for one, the Glocks have been sold to fund the Signess and I am a happier shooter because of it

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Now, except for one, the Glocks have been sold to fund the Signess and I am a happier shooter because of it

I haven't gone rarified air like your Legion line, but the Signess has been good for many of us ! :thumbsup:

i-7zS3z9R-XL.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The only thing I could ever figure was that the bore axis thing might be important if you have limited grip strength. I never noticed much difference.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    oyL4PKV.jpg

So I have been carrying my P365X now for two weeks and have to say I love this little pistol. Definitely glad I just got a new one in addition to my early 2018 P365 as the rolling upgrades are evident. There is no more striker drag despite the same slide length , the chamber ramp is contoured differently and the disassembly lever works differently now as well too.

sb4cmXy.jpg

4WL2Ux6.jpg

September 2021 production

xONhkUA.jpg

March 2018 production , notice how the bevel at the bottom of the feed ramp is wider. Another interesting point is there is only 1oz difference in weight between the P365 and P365X and with the Sig factory optics cut it still fits in my Milt Sparks holster (if you know about their wait time you can imagine how happy I was). Now I just need to order a few more floor plates for my old P365 12+1 mags that only had the grip extension so they can fit in the X.

Edit adding more because why not

0uGWi0o.jpg

If you have a "regular" P365 and carry with the 12+1 extensions like I did , just bite the bullet and get the XL frame. It fits my hand better (at least ) , the beaver tail is a very nice addition and the magazine well is even slightly flaired. Definitely worth the $60~ upgrade cost.

v8yMffS.jpg

The straight X trigger is also very nice as well , breaking at an about even 4 pounds. I definitely prefer this trigger over the curved trigger of my normal 365.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I have been carrying my P365X now for two weeks and have to say I love this little pistol. Definitely glad I just got a new one in addition to my early 2018 P365 as the rolling upgrades are evident. There is no more striker drag despite the same slide length , the chamber ramp is contoured differently and the disassembly lever works differently now as well too.

September 2021 production

March 2018 production , notice how the bevel at the bottom of the feed ramp is wider. Another interesting point is there is only 1oz difference in weight between the P365 and P365X and with the Sig factory optics cut it still fits in my Milt Sparks holster (if you know about their wait time you can imagine how happy I was). Now I just need to order a few more floor plates for my old P365 12+1 mags that only had the grip extension so they can fit in the X.

Edit adding more because why not

If you have a "regular" P365 and carry with the 12+1 extensions like I did , just bite the bullet and get the XL frame. It fits my hand better (at least ) , the beaver tail is a very nice addition and the magazine well is even slightly flaired. Definitely worth the $60~ upgrade cost.

The straight X trigger is also very nice as well , breaking at an about even 4 pounds. I definitely prefer this trigger over the curved trigger of my normal 365.
    I've been thinking of outfitting one of my standard 365's with an XL grip module. I have an XL, but don't want to swipe the grip module from it. My carry 365 has a Grey Guns 365 grip module on it that I picked up from another INGO member. I may have to pick up another XL module soon. Osage was out of the black ones the other day when I looked.

That said, I like that Sig is doing improvements and it's good we don't have to wait for a new gen of gun, but the flip side of that is figuring out what parts are compatible when they do all these continuous improvements without a generation or other delineation of the various improvements.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That said, I like that Sig is doing improvements and it's good we don't have to wait for a new gen of gun, but the flip side of that is figuring out what parts are compatible when they do all these continuous improvements without a generation or other delineation of the various improvements.

It's one of the reasons I would never buy a Sig rifle, if memory serves there is a rifle Sig produced relatively recently that they have essentially abandoned. Also supposedly Wilson Combat may be coming out with a P365 grip module soon as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That might be the 556. Sig does have a bad habit of dropping a line and letting the spare parts availability dwindle. I have a 516 that I love that I should pick up a spare piston assembly for. They do seem to stock spares off catalog though, and many of the spare parts are available by phone only.

The 716i I picked up is a really good rifle and with the Indian government buying something like 92,000 of them, hopefully, its supported for a long while.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's one of the reasons I would never buy a Sig rifle, if memory serves there is a rifle Sig produced relatively recently that they have essentially abandoned. Also supposedly Wilson Combat may be coming out with a P365 grip module soon as well.
    I'd love for WC to come out with a module for the 365. I have 3 of them for 320's ;-)

Top Bottom