• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ok, here is a just cause picture. hopefully my Garrett fusion IWB holster will be here soon !

P220 match elite 10mm

I wish you hadn't posted that, now I'll have to look into one at some point. Darned handsome gun! :rockwoot:

The P229 is now ready to go, have my XC1 mounted and had a holster made for the gun .

zAlNC58h.jpg

aXX4dYrh.jpg

That and the grey carbon fiber Kydex my friends at SharkTac use matches the Legion Grey finish ever so nicely.

Very nice looking gun and holster. I love my Legion. What caliber did you get yours in?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is there a recommended Sig armorer in the Indy area who does custom trigger work and such? I pick up my new to me P229 today and may want to get trigger work done in the future... ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Here are some photos of the "certified used" Sig P229 I just picked up. Bud's sent me a good one I think. You can tell it's used, but it's still in very good shape. Have yet to shoot it, but very happy so far.

P229%20OOB_zpsawqfekhg.jpg

Front_zpshlvjvxow.jpg

Back_zpsoalx4cnh.jpg

Rail_zpspqywmjca.jpg

Frame_zpsrpufbivx.jpg

Slide_zpswuvuu84z.jpg

barrel_zpsg82hiqig.jpg

.357 Sig barrel waiting to be put to good use:

357%20Sig%20Barrel_zpsziga2xg2.jpg

Glamour shot:

P229%20Closeup_zpsqefbbtpc.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Nice Sig! I somtimes wish I got a 229 instead of the 226, but only until I hold the 226 am I reassured I made a good decision.

I think a west German variety is next on my list for the Sigs, Not sure if that will be a 226 or a 228.. Itll be a good while though.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Might be a stupid question but someone in here might know. So a west german made sig has "Made in west Germany" on the slide. Why is it in English? Is this part of the import marks? or was that done at time of manufacture?

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Might be a stupid question but someone in here might know. So a west german made sig has "Made in west Germany" on the slide. Why is it in English? Is this part of the import marks? or was that done at time of manufacture?

HKs are made in Germany and marked "Made in Germany" on the frame. Same with Glocks and Austria being stamped on the slide.
    Sig W. German guns will also have a "N" with an eagle stamped on the frame, barrel, and slide. That is how my 2x226, 2x228 and 230 are all marked from W. Germany. The "N" is the proof/import mark as these guns were made over there and then imported here whole. When SigArms started assembling in the US they were still using German frames with US made milled slides hence why some frames are marked "made in Germany" but no proof marks. Hope that makes sense:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom