• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry.

I usually have a high tolerance for sarcasm, but the current state of affairs has almost everyone on edge.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    And yet people who are so hell bent on causing problems glazed right over like a deer staring into headlights.

Get cuffed....

Get stuffed in the backseat.....

Gey a new polaroid taken....

Get three hots and cot till you're bailed out or trial date

And you live to see sunshine the next day.

It's a real simple concept, and it works.

Bill_Engvall_Here%27s_Your_Sign_CD_cover.JPG

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    There's a big difference between a 10amp block heater and a minimun 100 amp charger for a EV vehicle.

With the old electric meter you'd have a really hard time counting the revolutions as it spins.

My neighbor across the street has a Chevy Volt. He commutes from Plainfield to the 70/465 area on the eastside every day. It must be charged when he gets home every night and in his opinion the only money saving there is involves typical vehicle maintenance (oil/air filters, tune up and such), cause it really runs his electric bill through the roof. Of course a Volt is a Hybrid, so imagine what it cost to charge a Tesla, and that can't be charged with a hamster running on the wheel.
    1 year of charging my tesla cost $242. So yes, my electric bill went up approx $20/mo instead of $100/mo spent on gas. Plus, there's no thought of "gotta get gas before work tmrw". ALWAYS FULL

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    1 year of charging my tesla cost $242. So yes, my electric bill went up approx $20/mo instead of $100/mo spent on gas. Plus, there's no thought of "gotta get gas before work tmrw". ALWAYS FULL
    Interesting. My experience is that electricity costs WAY more than gas. I see it on my bill every month.

Also, take a look out at the highway, now take all that energy being expended and transfer it to the electric grid. Do you want to see Commiefornia style rolling blackouts? Because this is how you see Commiefornia style rolling blackouts. They can't keep the lights on on a hot day let alone moving all that motive energy to the grid.

Glad it's working for you. It won't work for America writ large for a long time to come...and that means after we've moved from idiotic cyclopian pinwheels as energy to a more nuclear option and upgrade the rest of the grid to support it.

Top Bottom