• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My son's birthday present for me that he gave me a week before Xmas was an AMC card for the Star Wars Movie.
    Last week we were out of town, and then this week continued going to the "Silver Sneakers" :fogey:old people exercise class, and afterwards every day going to pick out materials for a bathroom remodel later this month.

Finally, the wife and I got a date tomorrow to see it and the comments have been encouraging!

But, since this a gun site :ingo:: rifle range time outdoors Friday at MCF&G again! :ar15:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Saw it today.
    I tied to have no expectations after what I read but I still left thinking, "Is that it?"
    The wife liked it better than I did.
    I probably will like it better when I see it again when it hits Redbox now that all my expectations have been dashed.

I thought that Season 1 & 2 I just saw Xmas week of the Star Trek, "Discovery" on CBS "All Access" during at my daughter's was a great example of good writing and visuals, not perfect but with a believability about it (for science fiction it can stretch and can be fun, but it has to have a "realness" about it as evidenced by the dialogue and interactions: nothing can replace good writing.
    Over a dozen years ago, I read every book in the Star Wars genre at the time (about 20) one summer and some of them were great, some good, some OK, but it was a fun summer.
    They really fleshed out the earlier version of Star Wars magnificently.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    saw it over break, kinda mixed on it. As a shallow, shiny, actiony, sci-fi flick it does fine. as Star Wars cannon and a quality movie... eh, as others have said, disney/JJ kinda did their own thing.

My just-turned-7 daughter was so into it she wiggled a loose tooth out. mid-movie: "mommy hold this." "what.... oh"

Top Bottom