• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Sportsman's guide at UM22 for $80, so I bought a brick. The stuff is lights-out in my 455. But I was surprised the Aguila Pistol Match is almost as accurate in this rifle for $35/brick! It's a very mild load around 850fps.

UNROjCm.jpg

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    I have this same gun (Savage Mark II FVSR) with Nikon glass. It took me 3 shots to zero and hold it. It’s the nicest 22lr rifle. So much more accurate than my Ruger 10/22.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have this same gun (Savage Mark II FVSR) with Nikon glass. It took me 3 shots to zero and hold it. It’s the nicest 22lr rifle. So much more accurate than my Ruger 10/22.

I like the reliability of the bolt rimfires over automatics. It can be downright disheartening getting to the range and finding out the brick you just bought won't cycle right. My bolt always pushes em in and pulls em out.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Get the barrel chamber and crown redone at CPC
    Get the bolt pinned at CPC
    Pillar and bed the stock, and float the barrel as much as it can be (shouldn’t float the whole thing due to single action bolt and v block, although you can if you have CPC thread your barrel)
    Drop in trigger or trigger job at CPC or Brimstone

I always figure $200 extra to get a 10/22 up to snuff. Stock, they’re not the greatest.....but after some work, they’re sweet.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Get the barrel chamber and crown redone at CPC
    Get the bolt pinned at CPC
    Pillar and bed the stock, and float the barrel as much as it can be (shouldn’t float the whole thing due to single action bolt and v block, although you can if you have CPC thread your barrel)
    Drop in trigger or trigger job at CPC or Brimstone

I always figure $200 extra to get a 10/22 up to snuff. Stock, they’re not the greatest.....but after some work, they’re sweet.

For those of us that don’t keep track of every acronym, who is CPC?

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Got to Atterbury a few weekends ago with the Tactical Toilet Plunger-equipped 455:

My list of excuses:
    -- I'm not a very good shot
    -- Ammo was only Fed Match (the cheapest grade of "match" you get for $6, UM22 it is NOT).
    -- Cheap Calwell bipod isn't very stable and
    -- No rear bag, just a rolled up towel.

Oh, and I had sinus aggravation that day.

I'm sure there are more excuses, but that's enough for now.

wow. Nice. I was looking at a 455 a few weeks ago myself. Nearly bought it. If I see the tactical toilet plunger at Atterbury, I might ask to pull the trigger a couple of times. Nice looking rifle.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    m8GAT1G.jpg

IZHMASH CM2 Kadet. Haven't put it over bags yet but got the peeps close enough to right to whack a 2" steel round at 50 yds consistently.

My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw your rifle.....I thought it was the big brother (54 action anschutz) to my 64 metallic silhouette .....how does it shoot compared to a 64 or 54?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw your rifle.....I thought it was the big brother (54 action anschutz) to my 64 metallic silhouette .....how does it shoot compared to a 64 or 54?

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Today is tomorrow.
    TqO9kcM.jpg

It likes Eley subsonic hp the best so far. SK std plus is a close second. Tried some Eley Match at the end and it did ok but my eyes were getting tired. 33 yds.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Can CPC "fix" a factory barrel? I saw they can rechamber so I'm thinking an out of spec 10/22 extractor slot would be no big deal.

Top Bottom