Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Frankly, my gut feeling is Trump and Hillary are equally poor candidates. Why does it matter which gets in there? Hoping the stuff Trump is saying now, as opposed to stuff he said a few weeks/months ago is what he really stands for? At least with Hillary, we know what we'll get.

Yes: the end of the country as we know it.

I'm not willing to take that chance, under any circumstances.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Conversely, Trump will take us back to the country as we knew it.... and not in a good way. I'd rather watch Mississippi Burning, not live it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Technically, Jeb and anyone else is allowed to support whomever they want. And, frankly, #nevertrump is as rational a reason as anything else I've heard.

Because Citizens United. ;)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Conversely, Trump will take us back to the country as we knew it.... and not in a good way. I'd rather watch Mississippi Burning, not live it.

I still fail to see what part of Trump's platform is racist.

Technically, Jeb and anyone else is allowed to support whomever they want. And, frankly, #nevertrump is as rational a reason as anything else I've heard.

Because Citizens United. ;)

I'm not suggesting that Jeb Bush should not have been allowed to collude with the other candidates, or that he should not have done so. I was merely pointing out that it is not the stuff of conspiracy theory to point out the actual collusion taking place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll just pretend you didn't even ask that.

I'm sure it was completely a coincidence that Jeb Bush met separately with Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich earlier this week. No collusion at all.

Who knows what Trump will do if he becomes POTUS. I doubt you'll be living Mississippi Burning. That's just not even rational.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Keep shouting racist, someone MIGHT care some day.

I feel bad for you, that out of all the content available to attack on, that's the only straw you seem to be able to grasp.

If you want to attack crazy people: Ted Cruz: Closet Pentecostal | East Orlando Post

Keep calling Trump racist though, it'll eventually stick!
    [video=youtube;IzlcONoowEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlcONoowEE[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Look, I'll say it, too. I think Trump's racist. Kinda like other older people in my family, not the KKK type racist, but the kind that grew up treating black people differently, so they still treat black people differently.

Currently, he doesn't necessarily see color - he sees demographics. He's saying things to bring in the demographics, knowing that certain demographics aren't going to vote for him under any circumstance, but he can win points with other demographics by treating the black protesters a certain way.

Hey, its working.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Look, I'll say it, too. I think Trump's racist. Kinda like other older people in my family, not the KKK type racist, but the kind that grew up treating black people differently, so they still treat black people differently.

Currently, he doesn't necessarily see color - he sees demographics. He's saying things to bring in the demographics, knowing that certain demographics aren't going to vote for him under any circumstance, but he can win points with other demographics by treating the black protesters a certain way.

Hey, its working.

In that sense, yes. I'd agree. But I wouldn't call that racist.

So far I think the way he's dealt with race in this campaign has been exploitative.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    In that sense, yes. I'd agree. But I wouldn't call that racist.

So far I think the way he's dealt with race in this campaign has been exploitative.
    Take your pick of any of the following definitions of racist. I think from these definitions calling Trump a racist is stretching it (and I am in no way Donnie T fan)

a ​person who ​believes that some ​races are ​better than ​others, or who ​actsunfairly to someone because of his or her ​race
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

• : poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race
    • : the belief that some races of people are better than others

• 1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    • 2: racial prejudice or discrimination

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, this is exactly what I'm saying. Trump has exploited racial attitudes of his followers. Doesn't make him a racist. But doesn't make him a great person either.

Take your pick of any of the following definitions of racist. I think from these definitions calling Trump a racist is stretching it (and I am in no way Donnie T fan)

a ​person who ​believes that some ​races are ​better than ​others, or who ​actsunfairly to someone because of his or her ​race
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

• : poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race
    • : the belief that some races of people are better than others

• 1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    • 2: racial prejudice or discrimination

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want to know what true racism in the 21st century is just look at the democratic party.

Constantly preaching about how racial minorities need a helping hand is as racist as a person is capable of being, it demonstrates cognitively believing that racial minorities are not capable of achieving success without help.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is the country Trump wants to take us back to. Unfortunately, it is NOT our country. It's 1930 Germany.

[video=youtube;1EjREtZLeIc]https://www.youtube/watch?v=1EjREtZLeIc[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is the country Trump wants to take us back to. Unfortunately, it is NOT our country. It's 1930 Germany.

[video=youtube;1EjREtZLeIc]https://www.youtube/watch?v=1EjREtZLeIc[/video]

What policy position is Trump proposing that will bring us to 1930's Germany?

I think we saw far more obvious undertones with obama:

[video=youtube;Z_XpSvL0xXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_XpSvL0xXY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you want to know what true racism in the 21st century is just look at the democratic party.

Constantly preaching about how racial minorities need a helping hand is as racist as a person is capable of being, it demonstrates cognitively believing that racial minorities are not capable of achieving success without help.

Right. That's one thing I did agree with Bush on, his statement about the soft racism of low expectations. However, that's not exactly what the Dems argue. They argue that the privileged majority holds racial minorities back, so then, racial minorities need help to overcome that. That's kind of a tough sell anymore. But it is still a sale. THEY are the ones holding racial minorities down. The epitome of Johnson's great society is Detroit. It is the logical conclusion of affirmative action.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Right. That's one thing I did agree with Bush on, his statement about the soft racism of low expectations. However, that's not exactly what the Dems argue. They argue that the privileged majority holds racial minorities back, so then, racial minorities need help to overcome that. That's kind of a tough sell anymore. But it is still a sale. THEY are the ones holding racial minorities down. The epitome of Johnson's great society is Detroit. It is the logical conclusion of affirmative action.

That still means they don't believe minorities are capable of overcoming challenges.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That still means they don't believe minorities are capable of overcoming challenges.

If there is a legitimate barrier that prevents racial minorities from succeeding then it's a fair statement. However I would disagree with the prescribed remedy. Their remedy is to "help" them. My remedy would be just to remove the barriers and let people succeed on their own. But my way doesn't create a means of controlling people and outcomes. Their way does. I imagine that's why they chose their way.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If there is a legitimate barrier that prevents racial minorities from succeeding then it's a fair statement. However I would disagree with the prescribed remedy. Their remedy is to "help" them. My remedy would be just to remove the barriers and let people succeed on their own. But my way doesn't create a means of controlling people and outcomes. Their way does. I imagine that's why they chose their way.

What are the barriers that you would remove using government?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm sure it was completely a coincidence that Jeb Bush met separately with Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich earlier this week. No collusion at all.

Doesn't have to be coincidence to not be a sign of a cabal between them and the GOPe. Could it have simply been him seeing who he would get the best deal from for his support? Hey who wouldn't want to be let's say Ambassador to France? Or perhaps a cabinet post, Or perhaps...?

I've heard that about Clinton, Bush, Obama, Rommney, Trump, Hillary so far it hasn't came true.

I'm not suggesting that Jeb Bush should not have been allowed to collude with the other candidates, or that he should not have done so. I was merely pointing out that it is not the stuff of conspiracy theory to point out the actual collusion taking place.

Why do you use the term collude which intrinsically has a negative connotation?

Also see above.

Tombs;6427099 If you want to attack crazy people: [URL="http://eastorlandopost.com/ted-cruz-closet-pentecostal" said:
    Ted Cruz: Closet Pentecostal | East Orlando Post[/URL]

Why would I want to attack the writer of that piece.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

You're betting on the come that Trump is what he's portraying himself to be since announcing his candidacy (except where his mask slips a bit). We know what Hillary is but we don't know what Trump is because he's been on every side of every issue and not once has he ever explained (that I've heard) how he came to change his mind on so many things. I know peoples' attitudes and philosophies change but generally it takes more than deciding which party you think you might have the best chance to win with and appearing to adopt those positions to appear to "fit in".

As I've said on previous occasions, I'm not locked in on this decision but I'm drawing nearer to the position that I'm not sure I want my endorsement on a Trump presidency. Others are free to do as their conscience dictates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom