• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bush is actually talking about things that matter, while Trump and the tribble on his head are playing to the yammering masses and winning poll points. Bush is taking the Sanders approach. Talk about the things that are actually important.

Jeb Bush Shows What the GOP Primary Could Be. Donald Trump Shows What It Is. - Hit & Run : Reason.com

MrJ, don't you sense something empty or vacant about Bush? I get that same read off Rubio and Jindal, too. Its like there is no fire within them. They don't seem to want to be president for any overarching purpose they wish to accomplish (such as say, make this country great again), they just seem to be running for president because someone thinks they should be. It reminds me of kids who go to college because they think they aught to but don't carry the thought any further and thus accomplish little.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    MrJ, don't you sense something empty or vacant about Bush? I get that same read off Rubio and Jindal, too. Its like there is no fire within them. They don't seem to want to be president for any overarching purpose they wish to accomplish (such as say, make this country great again), they just seem to be running for president because someone thinks they should be. It reminds me of kids who go to college because they think they aught to but don't carry the thought any further and thus accomplish little.

Bush is more than a bit vacant, but so are the rest of the zoo crew in the car. At least Bush is talking about reasonable and rational issues that should be front and center of any republican campaign. He's not playing the jingoist card, like so many of the others are, nor is he playing the race card. While he's not my candidate, he's at least talking about sane issues that should be dominating the primary.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sweet 16.

I think they should decide it with a 1 on 1 basketball tournament, single elimination.

I have no idea what the basketball skills are of the candidates, and I don't think I could even name half of them at this point.

A three gun would seem more appropriate...of course that would put Perry at #1. I've no problem with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Although he is not in the race, his name keeps coming up. Would have been refreshing to see him take a run at it. He's the one candidate that would actually stand a good chance against Hillary and would probably make a decent president.

The Most Important Governor Isn't Running - Adam Wren - POLITICO Magazine

Mitch Daniels

(saved you a click)

I know some folks on here don't like Mitch very well, but I think he would add legitimacy to the Republican Party that no candidate so far has provided. Daniels isn't a perfect candidate. I didn't always agree with him on things. But he is well rounded enough to appeal to conservatives and moderate Republicans, and most importantly, independents. I also think the establishment understands that and would likely drop Bush and Rubio like used rubbers if Daniels ran.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I know some folks on here don't like Mitch very well, but I think he would add legitimacy to the Republican Party that no candidate so far has provided. Daniels isn't a perfect candidate. I didn't always agree with him on things. But he is well rounded enough to appeal to conservatives and moderate Republicans, and most importantly, independents. I also think the establishment understands that and would likely drop Bush and Rubio like used rubbers if Daniels ran.

Yep. And, as the article that our would be gatekeeper doesn't want people to read says, he was a major influence on Walker and Kasich in how they've run their states. That says a lot. While I disagreed with Daniels on a few things, overall he was a very good governor and left pretty big shoes behind him for people to try and fill. So far no-one's managed. The gop should have done everything in their power to get him to run. He might well have been able to beat Hillary or any other dem that gets the nod. No-one in the current crew crew has that ability.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Interesting article from the Atlantic. Not exactly spot on though. Rand Paul as a TEA Party candidate? I don't think so. A libertarian candidate yes...TEA Party no.

Our local TEA Party has polled the attendees on their preferences for the past several months and it has remained surprisingly consistent given the 'news'. Tied for first, Perry and Cruz. Tied for last Carson, Fiorina, and Walker. All other contestants tied for ZERO votes.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interesting article from the Atlantic. Not exactly spot on though. Rand Paul as a TEA Party candidate? I don't think so. A libertarian candidate yes...TEA Party no.

Our local TEA Party has polled the attendees on their preferences for the past several months and it has remained surprisingly consistent given the 'news'. Tied for first, Perry and Cruz. Tied for last Carson, Fiorina, and Walker. All other contestants tied for ZERO votes.

Paul was elected as a senator by the TEA party in his home state, not libertarians. It doesn't surprise me that an Indiana TEA party group wouldn't support him, but would support Perry or Cruz. Surprised it wasn't Jindal.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Paul was elected as a senator by the TEA party in his home state, not libertarians. It doesn't surprise me that an Indiana TEA party group wouldn't support him, but would support Perry or Cruz. Surprised it wasn't Jindal.

That's because Jindal makes the Tea Party look like Harvard scholars.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom