• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The report follows Chinese EV maker BYD, the world’s largest EV maker, releasing a $14,000 EV in February that could “demolish” domestic EVs, often $40,000 more expensive.”

“The report says China uses Mexico's trade relationship with the United States to avoid high tariffs. The Institute for Energy Research says BYD will dodge a 27.5% tariff from China by building a factory in Mexico where tariffs are 2.5%.”

“Without high tariffs, U.S. auto executives at Tesla and Stellantis have said BYD could “demolish” the domestic EV industry. AAM President Scott Paul said America’s auto industry “stands squarely in the path of devastation.”

I've seen this as the end game for electric cars, sort of a Model T/Trabant that you lease not own. When you reach the end of expected battery efficiency you bring the car back to the dealer and get a new one. They pull all the parts off which work on all the other cars and send the carcass/battery back to china for reprocessing. The American car industry will join the American TV industry and others as another relic of the past.

I think you will still be able to own IC cars, probably with some sort of special federal and state permits, much like NFA stuff today.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've seen this as the end game for electric cars, sort of a Model T/Trabant that you lease not own. When you reach the end of expected battery efficiency you bring the car back to the dealer and get a new one. They pull all the parts off which work on all the other cars and send the carcass/battery back to china for reprocessing. The American car industry will join the American TV industry and others as another relic of the past.

I think you will still be able to own IC cars, probably with some sort of special federal and state permits, much like NFA stuff today.
    It would make more sense to make the battery pack easy to replace.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Junk it? But what about mother earth? All those parts will end up in the oceans and clog whale nostrils.
    You need to keep up with the "sciencetm ". Whales these days are a problem. They tend to die when you put up hundreds of wind turbines in the ocean. I mean 40% of whale deaths are from boat strikes and fishing gear...the other 60% has no known cause, but we know it is not from wind turbines(that is what the fact checkers told me).

Now I guess we need to send out a memo about how driving an electric car from a Chinese company is causing 60% of all Whale deaths, I guess we where not checking the nostrils out before now...now we are certain it is Chinese made EVs that are killing more than half of all whales every year(no need to mention it is just half of total deaths, we need to raise the alarm and if they think it is half of all whales no one will buy Chinese EVs! Huahhhhhaaa).

Apply purple as your conscience sees fit, unless you ID as purple then you can use something else...maybe green or black? We will not oppress those who identify as purple, this is diverse group dedicated to saving the whales from the Chines EV industry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You need to keep up with the "sciencetm ". Whales these days are a problem. They tend to die when you put up hundreds of wind turbines in the ocean. I mean 40% of whale deaths are from boat strikes and fishing gear...the other 60% has no known cause, but we know it is not from wind turbines(that is what the fact checkers told me).

Now I guess we need to send out a memo about how driving an electric car from a Chinese company is causing 60% of all Whale deaths, I guess we where not checking the nostrils out before now...now we are certain it is Chinese made EVs that are killing more than half of all whales every year(no need to mention it is just half of total deaths, we need to raise the alarm and if they think it is half of all whales no one will buy Chinese EVs! Huahhhhhaaa).

Apply purple as your conscience sees fit, unless you ID as purple then you can use something else...maybe green or black? We will not oppress those who identify as purple, this is diverse group dedicated to saving the whales from the Chines EV industry.
    But the nice lady on the television told me that the whales are dying from plastic straws.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It would make more sense to make the battery pack easy to replace.

It would, but looking at the cut down drawings of electric cars I think they are using the batteries themselves, connected together in a box, as a stiffening frame component. They may do this to save weight, much like the uni-body cars when first introduced. I've got nothing to support this other than my own experience with cars. When I hear numbers thrown around about battery replacement they are very high which leads me to believe it's not something dealerships want to do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do turbines kill whales? Birds I know, whales I can't figure out
    Because when the wind rips apart the blades, they get destroyed and get picked up by Chinese garbage ships, who then dump the parts in the ocean when no one’s looking. Next thing you know, they’re finding whales washed up dead on the beaches with wind turbine blades sticking out their nostrils. Hapoens all the time.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    :dunno: Vibrations transmitted in the water mess up their navigation?
    Vibrations mainly the sound variety. Those blades make loads of noise, and it is transmitted in the tower to the base and then into the water. We have been aware for a very long time that sound can and does impact whale navigation. Now put up hundreds of towers off of say NJ, and the amount of noise they generate will no doubt impact the whales and other sea life.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Because when the wind rips apart the blades, they get destroyed and get picked up by Chinese garbage ships, who then dump the parts in the ocean when no one’s looking. Next thing you know, they’re finding whales washed up dead on the beaches with wind turbine blades sticking out their nostrils. Hapoens all the time.
    Really? Never heard of htis. Can youo provide a fer instance?

Top Bottom