• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Waiting in line to charge, but have their headlights on.
    Don't seem to understand conserving electricity much
    Turning off lights to conserve electricity requires thought.
    In today's society, feeling is more important than thinking and it feels good to have your lights on.
    Come to think of it, feeling good, rather than thinking, may be why they have electric cars in the first place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Owners of ICE vehicles sometimes do stupid stuff too. Like driving accross town and waiting in line, engine running, because the gas was .10 cents cheaper. I noticed that Kroger in Plainfield had two charging stations in their parking lot. From my view it appeared to be free though I could be wrong. I didn't inspect closely but didn't see any obvious means to make a payment. Both spot were empty.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Owners of ICE vehicles sometimes do stupid stuff too. Like driving accross town and waiting in line, engine running, because the gas was .10 cents cheaper. I noticed that Kroger in Plainfield had two charging stations in their parking lot. From my view it appeared to be free though I could be wrong. I didn't inspect closely but didn't see any obvious means to make a payment. Both spot were empty.
    yes, ICE has their own problems.

We tend to list the electric ones here, because that's in the title of the thread.
    And, I'd bet the Kroger chargers have a screen where you use either an account with a charging company, or a credit card number entered.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A new Panasonic EV battery plant in Kansas is forcing a utility to keep a coal plant scheduled for closure open.
    The battery plant will consume enormous amounts of power and must have reliable and affordable electricity.
    The $4 billion plant is slated to receive $6.8 billion from Biden’s climate bill, the Inflation Reduction Act.
    This is akin to China using more coal to manufacture the world’s supply of green energy devices.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    And, I'd bet the Kroger chargers have a screen where you use either an account with a charging company, or a credit card number entered.
    We have 2 charging stations in the public parking lot at work, and that's what they have. I forgot the price per kilowatt hour, but recall that it was a lot more than I'm paying I&M for my home's electricity.

My guess is that free charging stations are going the way of free internet service in the 90s.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Gas generator to recharge the battery pack.

I wouldn't buy one of those but I'd be lying if I said I'm not planning on test driving a Tungsten when they hit the lots...curious where they shoved an extra 4 speakers vs my truck...

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

I wouldn't buy one of those but I'd be lying if I said I'm not planning on test driving a Tungsten when they hit the lots...curious where they shoved an extra 4 speakers vs my truck...
    Why don't they call it what it is, a plug in hybrid?

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

Also all of their "Best in class" statistics are comparing it to all electric trucks which this is not. I'm not trying to **** on this truck (as I am a Ford guy) I am ******** on the marketing department. I think hybrid is the way to go!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Also all of their "Best in class" statistics are comparing it to all electric trucks which this is not. I'm not trying to **** on this truck (as I am a Ford guy) I am ******** on the marketing department. I think hybrid is the way to go!
    I believe that with hybrids, the engine directly powers the wheels. With this, it just charges the battery pack, making it more like a diesel electric locomotive. I wouldn't buy it.

And "Best in Class" with all the brands is BS marketing. The huge tow ratings are only achieved with a bare bones truck... never with the truck shown in the ads.

High end pickups usually have less than 1,400lbs payload capacity.

Top Bottom