• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Obviously this is not about the US but it is interesting. That the government is warning that EV’s be “quarantined“ after an accident is interesting. To keep a wrecked car in a storage lot using their 50 foot apart number means each car in storage takes the space of 50 normal cars. That space ain’t free…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow. Such an ugly, ugly vehicle.

"Musk said more than one million customers have already reserved a Cybertruck."

It can not even fit 4x8 plywood or drywall. Not a truck. lol

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Imagine all the billions of dollars car manufacturers like GM, Ford, etc. are spending on battery plants and equipment now. When the technology advances, and this would be a big advancement, now imagine the money GM, Ford, etc. will spend to revamp and upgrade their facilities and equipment to catch up.

I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to profit from this because it could be huge.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Imagine all the billions of dollars car manufacturers like GM, Ford, etc. are spending on battery plants and equipment now. When the technology advances, and this would be a big advancement, now imagine the money GM, Ford, etc. will spend to revamp and upgrade their facilities and equipment to catch up.

I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to profit from this because it could be huge.
    I’ll be surprised if Ford and GM exist in their current forms in another 10 years. They are run by idiots who worry only about the next fiscal quarter, while Toyota plans for the next decade.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ll be surprised if Ford and GM exist in their current forms in another 10 years. They are run by idiots who worry only about the next fiscal quarter, while Toyota plans for the next decade.
    I've thought that my entire career. Ya know...individually, some of the smartest people I've ever been around (at all levels) has been at my plant. But...as a company, they can do the dumbest, most self-destructive things anyone could imagine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I remember when they wanted to try to implement similar work rules as their international competition but something held them back. Oh yes, I remember, it was the…

They have been bailed out by taxpayers several times since then…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is how corporate America works. Wall street only cares for the short term.

I saw first hand how big the difference is when we were purchased by a private company 5 or so years ago.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is a hot mess. $6 a gallon for CAFE standards imposed on ICE vehicles?

I made it about 2/3 of the way through that report. All I can say is wow.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lawler says they're adjusting their electric vehicle production and future plans to better match demand.

hhttps://www.whas11.com/article/money/business/ford-delays-production-kentucky-battery-plant-blue-oval-sk-glendale-hardin-county/417-6a9ddb27-692d-449e-b6f7-6375f10141e5

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Top Bottom