• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Please articulate more as to why if you OC, you must intervene?

If the person who is committing the crime has seen, and identified you as a potential threat, then you could be thrown into the mix of everything. If your not spotted then it's fine. More than likely they will see you with your OC if they are half way observant. If you CC then you have the choice of sitting it out of it and seeing how everything unfolds and make your decision. Yourself is not identified as a potential threat and could avoid conflicts. Anything you can do to avoid a open gun fight is most likely whats best. Just my opinion.

I'm not a criminal so I don't know the thought process of one. Just taking a guess.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    If the person who is committing the crime has seen, and identified you as a potential threat, then you could be thrown into the mix of everything. If your not spotted then it's fine. More than likely they will see you with your OC if they are half way observant. If you CC then you have the choice of sitting it out of it and seeing how everything unfolds and make your decision. Yourself is not identified as a potential threat and could avoid conflicts. Anything you can do to avoid a open gun fight is most likely whats best. Just my opinion.

I'm not a criminal so I don't know the thought process of one. Just taking a guess.
    Ok, so these OCers were taken out first right?

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

Oh, oops. They prevented a crime without knowing it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Fortunately, exactly the opposite is true. Criminals are by and large cowards. If they perceive ANY threat to their otherwise easy take, they will likely pass it by.

Where is that recent thread on this forum that describes a conversation with an inmate? Something about the crook seeing his potential victim was armed, and he was so shook up it took him days/weeks to work up the courage to commit another crime?

I've also posted in this very thread some research done on inmates and how they select victims. Folks that look distracted and unable to defend themselves are at the top of the list. Folks aware of their surroundings and likely to fight back get a pass.

So, while we have a few cases of OC-ers being targeted, we also have a large amount of evidence that OC-ers are also avoided. At WORST it is a wash, and therefore OC is as likely to make you a victim as CC (or just looking like any other sheep).

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

Fortunately, exactly the opposite is true. Criminals are by and large cowards. If they perceive ANY threat to their otherwise easy take, they will likely pass it by.

Where is that recent thread on this forum that describes a conversation with an inmate? Something about the crook seeing his potential victim was armed, and he was so shook up it took him days/weeks to work up the courage to commit another crime?

I've also posted in this very thread some research done on inmates and how they select victims. Folks that look distracted and unable to defend themselves are at the top of the list. Folks aware of their surroundings and likely to fight back get a pass.

So, while we have a few cases of OC-ers being targeted, we also have a large amount of evidence that OC-ers are also avoided. At WORST it is a wash, and therefore OC is as likely to make you a victim as CC (or just looking like any other sheep).
    A few posts up. ;)

45CALifornia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Mishawaka
    i cc most of the time when i'm out and about on my own time, but working at a gun store, i find much of the time i have a sig on my hip, and i'm too lazy to take it off when i go to lunch. so far chipotle, arby's, and quizno's don't mind. aside from work hours though, my LCP is out of site, and out of other people's minds.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My wife gets mad if I OC when she or the kids are with me. So basically it's half and half.

Funniest was seeing people eyeball it and clear the bread aisle my first day OCing.

So far no negative trips. Gas station people know me, and I've just today started OCing there. :)

Definitely need to find acway to get my wallet without drawing attemtion to my 1911 :D

Top Bottom