• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, as if we didn't have enough fears. Now we all have to be concerned about diminutive, gender-confused prostitutes savagely biting our delicate bits.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Exactly what is your experience? Personal? or Youtube?

In my experience, open carry almost never results in interaction with the cops. Whatever.

My experience consists of about 5 years of open carrying and 1 interaction with a few uninformed police officers. If I wanted to interact with cops, I'd be better off calling one.

I wouldn't mind an interaction with a cop. I don't know anyone here and would love to shake their hand and thank them for doing what they do. I won't be taking a video of the encounter and I won't be reciting the bill of rights to the officer and acting like a prick.

My cousin brought up the "first to be shot" argument when I told her I OC. I kinda rolled my eyes (this was over text message) and explained that only happens in movies and criminals aren't exactly out to murder everyone that they see. She then brought up that people who open carry only do so to show off or make a statement. Honestly, I'd rather open carry than fail at concealing a full size 1911. I'm not trying to make a statement; I'm trying to keep myself defended, and as a secondary benefit, make people more comfortable around guns so they see them used responsibly.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I wouldn't mind an interaction with a cop. I don't know anyone here and would love to shook their hard and thank them for doing what they do. I won't be taking a video of the encounter and I won't be reciting the bill of rights to the officer and acting like a prick.

My cousin brought up the "first to be shot" argument when I told her I OC. I kinda rolled my eyes (this was over text message) and explained that only happens in movies and criminals aren't exactly out to murder everyone that they see. She then brought up that people who open carry only do so to show off or make a statement. Honestly, I'd rather open carry than fail at concealing a full size 1911. I'm not trying to make a statement; I'm trying to keep myself defended, and as a secondary benefit, make people more comfortable around guns so they see them used responsibly.

Fixed

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was sitting at lunch today and thought of a follow-up to the "6 year old" line.

Hysterical Mother: "Oh my GOD. How could you carry that around like that, any 6-year old could just walk up and take it!"
    Me: "That's what the backup gun is for."

Top Bottom