The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What sucks about this is how little it will matter.

The people who support Clinton will this dismiss this as some sort of witch hunt or fabricated outrage by the right.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, you right. #NeverTrump isn't gonna' change its tune this late in the game. Too much face on the line

If treason wouldn't do it, what will?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WSJ now confirming the Clinton Foundation is under FBI investigation.

I still predict an easy Clinton victory... but now she'll have zero mandate, and the investigations will bog her down to near uselessness.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So if she gets in and we have a strong Congress that won't let her do anything (they control the purse), then in four years we get a true conservative in, is that better than a Trump win?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So if she gets in and we have a strong Congress that won't let her do anything (they control the purse), then in four years we get a true conservative in, is that better than a Trump win?

No. She's still in. There is no way that electing Hillary is better than electing Trump.

Last edited:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    If she gets elected, gets convicted after election, and Obama pardons her prior to leaving office - is she still considered a felon and not allowed to hold office?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interesting. Do you have to state what someone is being pardoned for, or is it all encompassing?

It's rare, obviously, but I imagine that you need to at least point out what the type of potential prosecution they would be avoiding with the pardon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamil, no, say it ain't so.

Read my lips killed Bush. Perot compounded the hurt. I don't think the indictment had any impact on the election.

That election is why a lot of conservatives are against third parties. Yes the Republican insiders in Washington ans most State houses are rotten to the core, but there will never be a viable third party that can defeat both the corrupt democrats and the corrupt republicans at the same time.

The TEA party may have replaced the republican party with conservative republicans, conservative democrats and other conservative thinkers of all stripes. Their greatest strength, a lack of top down dictatorship was also their greatest weakness and their unraveling. A lot of pols tried ti glam on to their popularity, but they were the usual suspects that couldn't win republican primaries or unseat incumbent democrats.

As for the L party they are nonviable.

I think that has a lot to do with the unraveling of the TEA Party. Without some structure to keep the TEA Party on message, it became too much. It was supposed to be the "Taxed Enough Already Party". But it became a catalyst for the breadth of every conservative cause. The TEA Party should have stayed with that one thing, fiscal conservatism.

Instead it became the bully pulpit of every kook, as well as a path to office for RINOs. After the success of the TEA Party in 2010, EVERY Republican and even some Democrats wanted to hitch their wagon to it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, you right. #NeverTrump isn't gonna' change its tune this late in the game. Too much face on the line

If treason wouldn't do it, what will?

Dude, c'mon. Which is it? Either #nevertrump doesn't matter or it does. If it doesn't matter, then why do you keep bringing it up? If it does matter, then why do you keep saying it's so insignificant. #Nevertrump referred to a specific thing that is essentially dead now. Of course, there are a **** ton of people that won't vote for Trump for whatever reason. But that's not the same movement as #nevertrump.

If she gets elected, gets convicted after election, and Obama pardons her prior to leaving office - is she still considered a felon and not allowed to hold office?

You don't need to convicted... or even charged to receive a pardon (i.e. Richard Nixon)

There is no way in hell that Obama will pardon Clinton, unless Clinton has something really nasty on him. Pardoning her would tarnish his legacy just like pardoning Nixon tarnished Ford's. As any person around at the time, what did Gerald Ford do as President? Pardon Nixon. THAT's Ford's greatest legacy.

Obama has enjoyed an unreasonably good popularity rating. He doesn't want Clinton to take overshadow his legacy. If it gets to the point that Clinton actually needs a pardon, ****'s pretty damn bad for her. At that point a lot more people, not just conservatives, will believe she's guilty. At that point even the Press can't protect her. I don't think any sane President would touch that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So just to sum up, there are currently three FBI criminal investigations engulfing HRC and/or her top aides: emails, Foundation, and Weiner

And this ***** is going to be the next President because she and the media made sure her opponent would be a clown.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Over the weekend saw Pence on MTP. Dang, he's good. Chuck Todd was beside himself. (My wife, who is very apolitical, can't even stand Chuck Todd.) For as milquetoast as he was as governor, I think Pence would make a really good president.

National polling (yeah, I watch them even though I don't think they're THAT helpful) has Trump closing the gap. I also think HRC's strategy of "transparency" (or in other words, "jeopardize the investigation") is stupid. Better to have said, "I trust the system and just like I've always been, am confident my innocence will be affirmed."

Funny how fast people's impression of Comey can change.....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My opinion of Comey hasn't changed. He simply went from protecting Clinton's hide to protecting his own, or at least trying to repair his image (and good luck with that). At least that's how I see it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, in an Occam's Razor kinda way, is it possible he's been the same guy all along - just a guy trying to do the best job he can in a role where he can't make everyone happy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom