OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Very nice range review of Chuck's gun!

I will agree here, heavier bullets work better! That's why I just bought some 190 gr. to load for my 30/06 :D

I load mine (.300 Win Mag) with a 185 grain Lapua Moly Scenar that I get to move right about at 3,000 FPS

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I load mine (.300 Win Mag) with a 185 grain Lapua Moly Scenar that I get to move right about at 3,000 FPS

Very nice! I haven't stepped up to Lapua bullets quite yet. I'm currently starting out trying to see what will work best first in my rifles. I've got some loads that Azerigan worked up for me using 175 gr SMK , then I bought some 168 gr Berger hunting VLD match to use for varmint rounds, I still plan to get some 180 gr VLD match as well, and also just bought the Speer 190 gr BTHP match to try out as well. Powder I've picked Varget to try so far, just need to pick a couple more and I'll be good to start.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    No way Don's has one THAT cheap... figured it'd have to be at least $25,000 there with his mark ups. Plus it would have to have some gold (gode) somewhere

retail on on the Barrett M82A1 in .50BMG is only $8,900

http://www.barrett.net/pdfs/Price-List.pdf

that would make don's $1,100 over MSRP.

FYI that is no optics or bi-pod just the rifle itself.

Edit* does come with bipod and hardcase. But no glass for that price.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Very nice! I haven't stepped up to Lapua bullets quite yet. I'm currently starting out trying to see what will work best first in my rifles. I've got some loads that Azerigan worked up for me using 175 gr SMK , then I bought some 168 gr Berger hunting VLD match to use for varmint rounds, I still plan to get some 180 gr VLD match as well, and also just bought the Speer 190 gr BTHP match to try out as well. Powder I've picked Varget to try so far, just need to pick a couple more and I'll be good to start.

I've had the most consistency with IMR powders. The one I currently use produces good results with lower chamber pressures than most. I'm not sure what kind of velocities you're getting, but usually a bit slower on the heavier ones will make it more consistent and make your barrel last longer. Its easy to adjust for drop, so I have no issues with slowing mine down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom