• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I assume you mean Forier transform? If so, I understand it, don't think I could ever do it in my head. Also, do you use it in your work or are you studying it for ham radio applications?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I assume you mean Forier transform? If so, I understand it, don't think I could ever do it in my head. Also, do you use it in your work or are you studying it for ham radio applications?
    and by, "i don't think I could ever do it in my head," I meant there is no way in hell I could ever do it in my head. I seem to remember this from a math class my senior year, but it could have been something completely different. I didn't pay attention much that year.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

I Do this for work. Once you have done it enough and you can Know a certain value at a given frequency and then calculate the amplitude.

I perform vibration testing at work and perform analysis of the data.

Basically we hook stuff up to big speakers and play tuned static into them. then analyze the results. This is one part of my job.

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    and by, "i don't think I could ever do it in my head," I meant there is no way in hell I could ever do it in my head. I seem to remember this from a math class my senior year, but it could have been something completely different. I didn't pay attention much that year.

unless it was your senior year of college and you are taking advanced calc I doubt you ever saw it. Yes one run of the equation is a transformation. doing it thousands of times is called analysis. 99.9999% is done by computer now but I still do them by hand occasionally.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Haha, that's how I am with the formulas we use to determine the price of a stop. Insurance, gas, time, taxes and "hassle factor" are all accounted for and i'm usually within a 20 cent range of being right. It freaks the owner out.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I Do this for work. Once you have done it enough and you can now a certain value at a given frequency and then calculate the amplitude.

I perform vibration testing at work and perform analysis of the data.

Basically we hook stuff up to big speakers and play tuned static into them. then analyze the results. This is one part of my job.

now=KNOW

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    unless it was your senior year of college and you are taking advanced calc I doubt you ever saw it. Yes one run of the equation is a transformation. doing it thousands of times is called analysis. 99.9999% is done by computer now but I still do them by hand occasionally.
    I did take AP Calc senior year (of HS)... not going to talk about whether or not I passed it. I'm just saying the formulation looked familiar... but it looks like about 5,000 other things too... So idk

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm growing an epic beard to **** my wife off...she doesn't see the humor in that.

a299_b3.jpg

Kris, is that you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom