• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    :lmfao:Hubby owned a Harley once a long time ago. He broke his leg kick starting it. Apparently, something gave way in the starter or something (haven't heard the story for a long time) and his leg flipped forward...broke his knee. He sold it and never had another Harley. All Hondas and Yamahas since then.
    I had an old Knuckle head that was a ***** to start. Would throw me over the handle bars sometime. Gotta get that kicker just right.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had an old Knuckle head that was a ***** to start. Would throw me over the handle bars sometime. Gotta get that kicker just right.

I thought he told me that something malfunctioned in it when he kicked it, but not positive. That was before I was born! Well, maybe not quite but it was before I started kindergarten so not far off.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I never had enough sense to have a bike. I'd been dead along time ago if I was on two wheels. Gotta know your limits.
    I couldn't imagine my life without one. I've never thought I would live very long. But now that I've made it to my 50's I might as well go for my 60's now!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I thought he told me that something malfunctioned in it when he kicked it, but not positive. That was before I was born! Well, maybe not quite but it was before I started kindergarten so not far off.
    1966 Harley came out with the first electric start bike. That's when men's balls begun to shrink! Don't see to many of 'em left.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I couldn't imagine my life without one. I've never thought I would live very long. But now that I've made it to my 50's I might as well go for my 60's now!

I tried to buy a KZ650 and the old man came unglued. We had a long talk, and it's probably why I'm still here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    1966 Harley came out with the first electric start bike. That's when men's balls begun to shrink! Don't see to many of 'em left.

I'm pretty sure it was a 64 or 65 model. He never had any that were brand new and that happened in the late 60's. The only bike he bought close to new was his Roadstar in 2001. The first owner had bought it in the fall of 2000 and put 800 miles on it and then traded it in. He bought it in February of 01.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I never had enough sense to have a bike. I'd been dead along time ago if I was on two wheels. Gotta know your limits.

:dunno:.......Well nobody knows when they last day iz......be go'n to a xample o' that on Fri......:(

GOOD man.......I've known'im 30 yrs......long ta short.....fell off a step-ladder Sat.....sever'd spinal cord in the neck.......I'm sure he didn' know or fig'r at'd be his last day when he went up ta trim 'at limb on a tree....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I tried to buy a KZ650 and the old man came unglued. We had a long talk, and it's probably why I'm still here.

That was how I felt when my husband sold my son the '83 VF750F Interceptor. I believe he is still putting a different engine in it right now so I don't have to worry about him too much at this point.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :dunno:.......Well nobody knows when they last day iz......be go'n to a xample o' that on Fri......:(

GOOD man.......I've known'im 30 yrs......long ta short.....fell off a step-ladder Sat.....sever'd spinal cord in the neck.......I'm sure he didn' know or fig'r at'd be his last day when he went up ta trim 'at limb on a tree....

Sorry to hear that HD. When it is my day, I want it to be quick and I want to go doing something I love.

I had a KZ900. You still see them being raced at drag strips.

We had one of those here a couple of years ago that a guy had sitting in his garage for several years. Hubby tuned it up and replaced a bunch of stuff on it for him so he could start riding again. Rebuilit carbs, new tires, new battery....the usual stuff that goes from sitting.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

Your right, can't worry about things that are up to a higher power. Many die sitting on a toilet, I hope I'm surrounded by broken chrome and burnt oil when I go!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Sorry to hear that HD. When it is my day, I want it to be quick and I want to go doing something I love.

We had one of those here a couple of years ago that a guy had sitting in his garage for several years. Hubby tuned it up and replaced a bunch of stuff on it for him so he could start riding again. Rebuilit carbs, new tires, new battery....the usual stuff that goes from sitting.
    Carbs on those things are very expensive!! Worst thing that can happen to a bike is sitting!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

My condolences.

We never know when our time is up, in hindsight, we know when it could have been.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That was how I felt when my husband sold my son the '83 VF750F Interceptor. I believe he is still putting a different engine in it right now so I don't have to worry about him too much at this point.
    I had a 1983 Honda V65 Sabre. Loved that bike!!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Thanks....:yesway:.......he's help'd put lot'a my people in'a ground over the yrs....hard-work'n, dedicated family dude.....ain't many like'im....
    An' yeah +1 on'a other.....:yesway:

Your right, can't worry about things that are up to a higher power. Many die sitting on a toilet, I hope I'm surrounded by broken chrome and burnt oil when I go!

:):........:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom