Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I should have been getting into the gear sets this afternoon. Just beat the hell up tired. Took a pro series nap with the twins.....I can get back in the swing tomorrow

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Tanks are being smoothed out and fenders are ready for primer. Black with some to be announced striping done deep inn the paint. Should be sweet as hell. Owner is retired Outlaw. Pretty cool old cat. Older than me.
    Hopefully he'll enjoy it for a long time!! Not easy retiring from the lifestyle. Respect! I love pan heads!! Classic bikes! Classic sound!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Straight out of "Night of the living Dead"

This sounds a lot like what my BIL does. My son was pretty small the first time we went and he was afraid to go through it just based on the noise coming from down there. They toned it down for him, but we still had to abort and run out the side door...he didn't make it through. The kids were afraid to let me go through without them. BIL was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and is in medication trials and seems to be doing okay. I often wonder how much longer they will do the haunted house. I haven't been there for it since the kids left home. I hate that drive through Chicago to get there.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    This sounds a lot like what my BIL does. My son was pretty small the first time we went and he was afraid to go through it just based on the noise coming from down there. They toned it down for him, but we still had to abort and run out the side door...he didn't make it through. The kids were afraid to let me go through without them. BIL was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and is in medication trials and seems to be doing okay. I often wonder how much longer they will do the haunted house. I haven't been there for it since the kids left home. I hate that drive through Chicago to get there.
    Some grown up won't go thru it. We have so much stuff. People tell us ours is better then the ones you have to pay to go thru is. We had over 300 people last year. Gets bigger every year. I'm afraid the authorities will sooner or later shut us down.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I would love to travel around the south and look for some of these old pan heads that are still sitting in barns and sheds!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you ever truly stop, you will stop....literally. Still so much to see, learn and do. Folks to meet. Story's to tell and listen to. Kids to love.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would love to travel around the south and look for some of these old pan heads that are still sitting in barns and sheds!

There are a few but when the Harley thing went global in the mid 80's the Jap's, French, Brits, Sweeds and all sorts of folks rolled through these parts buying up every thing they could find. Pans, Shovels, even some old Knuckles are over the pond now. Baskets used to be every where. Not any more. If you hit a barn find it is rare indeed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you ever truly stop, you will stop....literally. Still so much to see, learn and do. Folks to meet. Story's to tell and listen to. Kids to love.

Hubby is going to be old again tomorrow...another birthday. He says he wants Olive Garden for lunch. My daughter is going with us.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    There are a few but when the Harley thing went global in the mid 80's the Jap's, French, Brits, Sweeds and all sorts of folks rolled through these parts buying up every thing they could find. Pans, Shovels, even some old Knuckles are over the pond now. Baskets used to be every where. Not any more. If you hit a barn find it is rare indeed.
    Yes, the 90's and early 2000's brought a whole new group of young people to bike building and love of these bikes. I kinda miss the days when everyone hated them. Was so much easier to get things back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom