churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Costume day at work....how cool.
    I was out among the common folks checking on some threads I posted in yesterday. Man it is getting crazy out there.
    Another full day ahead.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am spending so little time here anymore.

part of it is no one in here and the rest is the crap out there. I want drama, I look at facebook

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tend to check in here in the AM and maybe a few times through the day. I have my lap top with me in the shop to check on things so it is fairly easy.
    You are employed now and that tends to shift priority's for time.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    that is very true. And I am loving being out and doing something

hubby noted I am going to bed earlier at night, told me the job was kicking my butt and asked if I was ready to quit yet
    I don't understand his aversion to me working. He has never liked it. Me, I love it and love the tiredness it give me

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that is very true. And I am loving being out and doing something

hubby noted I am going to bed earlier at night, told me the job was kicking my butt and asked if I was ready to quit yet
    I don't understand his aversion to me working. He has never liked it. Me, I love it and love the tiredness it give me

Some men like having the wife/woman at home to deal with that side of life. Some are insecure and want the little woman where they can control her. Not saying hubby is like 2nd reference at all I just know some men that are like that.

I loved my wife having a world of her own outside the family. I also loved the extra income. For a long stretch she out earned me. Did I mentioned I loved her....:):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    well I am still dealing with this side of the home and life. I even fixed a leaky drain last night. Didn't wait for him to do it.

We never see each other now though unless he comes to work to see me before he goes to work.

we get weekends

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well I am still dealing with this side of the home and life. I even fixed a leaky drain last night. Didn't wait for him to do it.

We never see each other now though unless he comes to work to see me before he goes to work.

we get weekends

My wife was a 2nd shift worker when we first married. She was supervising the operations (computer) area and I was managing a service company. My day started at 6:00 AM at the shop. Got home after 6:00 PM and we saw each other (awake) on the weekends. Sucked.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My wife was a 2nd shift worker when we first married. She was supervising the operations (computer) area and I was managing a service company. My day started at 6:00 AM at the shop. Got home after 6:00 PM and we saw each other (awake) on the weekends. Sucked.
    it does, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. With the day of cell phones and texting, we are in constant communication when he is at work. We'll make it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    it does, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. With the day of cell phones and texting, we are in constant communication when he is at work. We'll make it

If you want it to work it will.
    Yes, stronger. We have jumped those hurdles. Now we are together almost too much. She needs my help so much more these days. It is one of the reasons I retired.
    It is a bit lonely in here without Shadow.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    My wife works part time(2 to 3 days a week) and its a great compromise. I don't think we would be able to stay above water without her income. She gets to spend a lot of time with our six month old which is great. We may have to move to a smaller house because the rent here is too much for our income right now. I just hope we don't have to move back to an apartment. Ugh I hate apartment living but it is cheaper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife works part time(2 to 3 days a week) and its a great compromise. I don't think we would be able to stay above water without her income. She gets to spend a lot of time with our six month old which is great. We may have to move to a smaller house because the rent here is too much for our income right now. I just hope we don't have to move back to an apartment. Ugh I hate apartment living but it is cheaper.

Done the Apt. life style. You are right, it can suck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom