Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Looking back I realize that I was awful. Between me and one of my sisters (the other two sisters were okay...kind of) we gave my poor mother hell. Now I know why she dropped us off at that orphanage on the way to my grandparents house. We were just awful

I'm sorry to hear that, but it explains a lot.:laugh:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    As we age, we realize our mistakes. I have tried to make things right with people that I offended or hurt in some way. Mostly family.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As we age, we realize our mistakes. I have tried to make things right with people that I offended or hurt in some way. Mostly family.

I'm really fortunate that my family is incredibly close. My mother was very strict when we were kids and often "tortured" us (or so we thought) but looking back I can see why. The house was filled with love. That's the best I could ask for

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I'm really fortunate that my family is incredibly close. My mother was very strict when we were kids and often "tortured" us (or so we thought) but looking back I can see why. The house was filled with love. That's the best I could ask for

This was my experience as well. I never knew my grandparents, as they were gone when I came along, or shortly thereafter.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This was my experience as well. I never knew my grandparents, as they were gone when I came along, or shortly thereafter.

That is a bummer. I didn't lose my first one until I was 12. The rest of them all lived into my 20's and 30's. Heck my grandmother on my mother's side is still kicking at 90 something years old. Lives by herself and still drives her car. That lady never ceases to amaze me!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That is a bummer. I didn't lose my first one until I was 12. The rest of them all lived into my 20's and 30's. Heck my grandmother on my mother's side is still kicking at 90 something years old. Lives by herself and still drives her car. That lady never ceases to amaze me!

kinda like me
    My grandfather died when Mom was 12, so I never knew him. grandma died when I was 23, the other one when I was 25 and my grandpa just died 6 years ago at 92, still driving when he died

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    kinda like me
    My grandfather died when Mom was 12, so I never knew him. grandma died when I was 23, the other one when I was 25 and my grandpa just died 6 years ago at 92, still driving when he died

That's my grandmother. Still sharp as a tack too. Somewhere I have a family photo with my grandmother, mother, sister, sister's son, and sister's grandson. So awesome to have 5 generations in one photo. Not something a lot of people get to experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom