• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I didn't do anything. I put it together and with the main power switch off I plugged it in and it started smoking and before I could get it unplugged it caught fire. Never had something catch fire before at work. I have burned up many items though.

Dang that really sucks!! Short circuit somewhere?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I didn't do anything. I put it together and with the main power switch off I plugged it in and it started smoking and before I could get it unplugged it caught fire. Never had something catch fire before at work. I have burned up many items though.

I don't know a whole lot when it comes to things that require electricity except that you plug them into an outlet. But I'm pretty sure THAT isn't supposed to happen....

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Dang that really sucks!! Short circuit somewhere?
    this was a newly build unit and all of them are hand built. So my guess is the tech building it messed something up. :dunno:

I will return it on Tuesday and they will inspect and fix whatever is wrong then give it back to me for production verification testing.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't know a whole lot when it comes to things that require electricity except that you plug them into an outlet. But I'm pretty sure THAT isn't supposed to happen....

Yep, my customer has been building these for almost five years. production of around 300 a year, all built by one person 1 at a time. then give to me to perform functional and workmanship testing on. This is the first one that has ever done it.

and it really shouldn't have done it when it was turned OFF!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You should get some new work clothes. :D

c0867_AssaultNomexJacket.gif

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yep, my customer has been building these for almost five years. production of around 300 a year, all built by one person 1 at a time. then give to me to perform functional and workmanship testing on. This is the first one that has ever done it.

That was my first thought as well. Like I said, I'm in no way an expert but I was under the impression that a main power switch pretty much keeps power from getting to the things inside that need to be powered in order to work...

That made way more sense in my head...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I can online imagine what it would do turned on if when it's off it's already a flame thrower. :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom