! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GBuck
    I've got a sword already. If you google Commandery Sword you'll see what it looks like.

Is that like a Knights of Columbus sword?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    it's more than just being curious. He has a list of bookmarks he can go to. If he is pulling up stuff that is not in his bookmarks, then he is not listening to the instructions that we gave him. If he is on the computer without asking, he is not following the instructions we gave him.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    it's more than just being curious. He has a list of bookmarks he can go to. If he is pulling up stuff that is not in his bookmarks, then he is not listening to the instructions that we gave him. If he is on the computer without asking, he is not following the instructions we gave him.
    Well then I agree. It'd be a little different if he didn't have the rules like that in place before hand.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It used to be much easier to be a kid. All you had to do was know where your Dad stashed his Playboy Mags.:D

I remember being about that age when a friend found his Dads stash.:D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well then I agree. It'd be a little different if he didn't have the rules like that in place before hand.
    I don't believe so

My parents never told us to not look at Dads magazines, we just knew it was off limits. There lies the problem with some today, if there are no guidelines then it is ok and so many parents set no guidelines, so it's all ok :dunno:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ah, thought so
    Yeah, there's just a few different "emblems" on it, such as the knights templar logo.

knights-templar-masonic-sword.jpg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't believe so

My parents never told us to not look at Dads magazines, we just knew it was off limits. There lies the problem with some today, if there are no guidelines then it is ok and so many parents set no guidelines, so it's all ok :dunno:
    I don't know.. I guess I'd have to mull it over in my head and get back to you with my point of view. Obviously I've not been a parent so it's different. However, I see both sides. Part of me says, boys and girls that age are curious and are going to look one way or the other. I looked at that stuff, maybe not THAT young, but not much older, and I didn't do anything stupid or get into any trouble. The other part understands where you're coming from. I'd say the problem is parents don't take an active enough role in teaching their kids about that stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom