• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ah ok. I was talking with the (smoking hot) chick at Spyderco about the value folders like that. Made in China, not as great steel, but still covered by the Spyderco warranty unlike the Byrd series of knives.

I carried the Tenacious for two years and used it daily, never had a problem with the steel (no rusting or anything even though I live next to the sea) it stays sharp if you take care of it too.

The Resilience is pretty much a Tenacious with a bigger blade and the same 8CR13Mov steel.

If it has the Spyderco logo I trust the quality no matter where it's made (USA, Japan, China, Italy etc). :yesway:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I carried the Tenacious for two years and used it daily, never had a problem with the steel (no rusting or anything even though I live next to the sea) it stays sharp if you take care of it too.

The Resilience is pretty much a Tenacious with a bigger blade and the same 8CR13Mov steel.

If it has the Spyderco logo I trust the quality no matter where it's made (USA, Japan, China, Italy etc). :yesway:

:thumbsup:

I'd have no problem carrying it.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Here's my Spydy, btw, Sylvain. You were asking about it earlier.

P17272702.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :thumbsup:

I'd have no problem carrying it.

I think many Spyderco fans or knife snobs like to hate it because it's made in China.
    But if you didn't see "china" on the blade you would think it's a $100 US made knife.
    The quality is actually scary since they could make all their knives in China and stamp "USA" on the blade and sell it to you for 4 times the price and you wouldn't know. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do you like the lock on your knife MM?

It looks a bit awkward to fold the blade, like a reversed liner lock on the back of the blade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom