Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    hey V8 do think LovemyWoods and Esrice would be up for a comparative review at there range when my new toy finally shows up? I know they have a few I could compare it too.

Usually they like to have met you first and shot with you before doing something like that though. I dunno :dunno:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Usually they like to have met you first and shot with you before doing something like that though. I dunno :dunno:
    yep that is kind of what I was thinking, and I don't blame them one bit for that. I need a place where I can spend a day shooting AR's with friends. Cloverdale has pretty crappy guest rules in my opinion. One guest at a time and you can only bring that guest once per year. And, Marion County doesn't allow Rifles so I am limited in my places to shoot with friends.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yep that is kind of what I was thinking, and I don't blame them one bit for that. I need a place where I can spend a day shooting AR's with friends. Cloverdale has pretty crappy guest rules in my opinion. One guest at a time and you can only bring that guest once per year. And, Marion County doesn't allow Rifles so I am limited in my places to shoot with friends.

My range allows multiple guests, but its a bit of a drive for most people. What kind of tests/comparisons do you want to do?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

If your up to a drive to Batesville, I'll take you to our range. 90% of the time I'm the only one there.

It's about 1:15 to 1:25 drive from the airport in Indy.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    If your up to a drive to Batesville, I'll take you to our range. 90% of the time I'm the only one there.

It's about 1:15 to 1:25 drive from the airport in Indy.

Thanks for the invite I might take you up on that. I thinking about getting a group together to compare rifles and rifling. The M&P I ordered has the new 1:8 5R rifling. V8 suggested it so I am going to run with it. get several AR's with different rifling and test them for consistency with different bullet weights and compare them.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Thanks for the invite I might take you up on that. I thinking about getting a group together to compare rifles and rifling. The M&P I ordered has the new 1:8 5R rifling. V8 suggested it so I am going to run with it. get several AR's with different rifling and test them for consistency with different bullet weights and compare them.

Mine is 1:7 with a 16" barrel. Haven't shot anything but 55 grain and 62 grain yet.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

My range is just outside of Nashville and I'm usually the only one there as well when I go. Maybe one other group.

My AR is a 1:7 Twist, we'd just have to find one in 1:9 too.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Mine is 1:7 with a 16" barrel. Haven't shot anything but 55 grain and 62 grain yet.

My range is just outside of Nashville and I'm usually the only one there as well when I go. Maybe one other group.

My AR is a 1:7 Twist, we'd just have to find one in 1:9 too.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: No, I don't own Batesville, but am a member of the range.

:p

69 - 74 grain is where the 1:7 twist really shines :yesway:

I see a pdub eat and test forming up.

Think I should create a thread in the pdub group page?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    :p

69 - 74 grain is where the 1:7 twist really shines :yesway:

Yeah, your probably right. I can only go out 100 meters here.

My Dad has a farm in Randolph county that you can go out 6-700yards easy, but both times I was up there recently there were too many kids running around to do any shooting.:noway: I'm sure that now the corn is too high.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom