Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I hit a piece of buckled pavement on the highway south of Des Moines, IA last evening and it blew out a tire. It was like hitting a 10" curb at 70mph.:noway: Not fun.

Glad your OK Sam! they were showing a van that hit a peice just like you discribed in IOWA and the van flew about ten feet in the air! it was a perfect ramp!! :n00b:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Glad your OK Sam! they were showing a van that hit a peice just like you discribed in IOWA and the van flew about ten feet in the air! it was a perfect ramp!! :n00b:

Yeah, then it was fun trying to change the tire in the 103 degree heat. I couldn't get one lug nut off. Thank God that someone stopped to see if I needed help and had a 4 way tire iron. Had to drive the last 45 miles to Des Moines on the stupid temp spare and then find a tire that fit in Des Moines. Sucky trip.:noway::noway::noway:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yeah, then it was fun trying to change the tire in the 103 degree heat. I couldn't get one lug nut off. Thank God that someone stopped to see if I needed help and had a 4 way tire iron. Had to drive the last 45 miles to Des Moines on the stupid temp spare and then find a tire that fit in Des Moines. Sucky trip.:noway::noway::noway:

Wow!! well glad your here to tell about it!! and +1 for people that stop and ask if you need help! :rockwoot::D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I really want too!! But I have to find out if I have that week end free! Plus I need to talk to you about getting a room for two nights in September! :D

Maybe I'll even cook you breakfast. And let you swim in the retention pond since we don't have a pool. :D

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's not Iowa, but I swear I almost rolled my truck last year going through a construction zone after picking up a Hershey load in Ogden, UT(I think, wherever the Hershey plant is)

They had a sign,trucks stay in right lane. Okay, I stayed in ther right lane. There was an enormous bump in the road and I looked in the mirror and the top of the trailer was rocking back and forth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom