Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    oh no they wouldnt.

Im not a US citizen so I have no rights when it comes to staying in that country.
    I can even learn that they dont let me in once I go all the way there if the US Customs officer doesn't like something about me.
    They are usually nice but you never know. :n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So what all do you have to do to become a citizan?

That's a VERY long process, and VERY expensive too.
    Lot's of interviews, background checks in both countries, medical exams of all kinds (expensive too).
    I dont know if I will ever be a US citizen.
    I love that country and its people but they dont give the citizenship easily.
    I know a Frenchman who has been living in the US for the last 18 years, legally, and he's still not a US citizen.
    Even many people serving int he US military are not citizens because its so complicate.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    That's a VERY long process, and VERY expensive too.
    Lot's of interviews, background checks in both countries, medical exams of all kinds (expensive too).
    I dont know if I will ever be a US citizen.
    I love that country and its people but they dont give the citizenship easily.
    I know a Frenchman who has been living in the US for the last 18 years, legally, and he's still not a US citizen.
    Even many people serving int he US military are not citizens because its so complicate.

How could he be here 18 years and not be a citizen?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So how hard is it to become a legal resident?

I doubt you look like an alien! Lol! I always thought it was funny how they use that word.

:):

Yeah that's funny and kinda offensive too I think.
    They could call me a "foreign national" or a "foreign citizen" instead they call me "alien" like some form of unidendified form of life from another planet. :dunno:

It's quite hard to become a permanent resident as well (not "legal resident" since im already staying there legally anytime im in the states).
    Very long and expensive, lots of interviews to make sure you speak good english and such, that you are not a threat to the country, medical tests and more.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County

Yeah that's funny and kinda offensive too I think.
    They could call me a "foreign national" or a "foreign citizen" instead they call me "alien" like some form of unidendified form of life from another planet. :dunno:

It's quite hard to become a permanent resident as well (not "legal resident" since im already staying there legally anytime im in the states).
    Very long and expensive, lots of interviews to make sure you speak good english and such, that you are not a threat to the country, medical tests and more.

That is crazy. We have so many idiots that are born here and can't speak english. Lol!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That is crazy. We have so many idiots that are born here and can't speak english. Lol!

Yeah, I was already fluent in english the first time I came to the US.
    I learned it in school in middle school all the way to college where I studied english literature.
    They should remove the US citizenship to the ones that cant speak english and give it to the ones that can. :D
    You also have to know about US history to become a citizen, I read about that a lot, and studied it in school as well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom