Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Good luck Westside.:yesway::yesway:
    hoping to get a permission slip to carry at my church/school. I volunteer there a lot. some weeks over 40 hours on top of my day job. I talked to the two head pastors and they are fine with it they said write me up a sample slip for review. Then Monday the elders have scheduled meeting. he will present it there and if they are fine with it, it will get signed and I will be in the clear. to work as a compromise I am going to limit it to not during school hours on school days. which won't be a problem for me.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    hoping to get a permission slip to carry at my church/school. I volunteer there a lot. some weeks over 40 hours on top of my day job. I talked to the two head pastors and they are fine with it they said write me up a sample slip for review. Then Monday the elders have scheduled meeting. he will present it there and if they are fine with it, it will get signed and I will be in the clear. to work as a compromise I am going to limit it to not during school hours on school days. which won't be a problem for me.

:dunno:

I thought once a school always a school. It's considered a school if they have school classes there. Are you sure you can do that legally?

Just make sure to cover your bases on this one. I'm not exactly sure how the law reads on that or how they interpret a school.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

I thought once a school always a school. It's considered a school if they have school classes there. Are you sure you can do that legally?

Just make sure to cover your bases on this one. I'm not exactly sure how the law reads on that or how they interpret a school.
    It specifically states that you can carry if you have permission from the school.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

Talked to Guy (tactical Firearms training) he said as long as it is in writing, states what is and isn't allowed, and signed by the leadership of the church/school you can be "authorized". He repeated get it in writting and signed/notarized several times. you are correct once a school always a school.

[FONT=&quot]IC 35-47-9-1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Exemptions from chapter
    Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A:
    (A) federal;
    (B) state; or
    (C) local;
    law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any other activity authorized by a school.

(3) A person who:
    (A) may legally possess a firearm; and
    (B) possesses the firearm in a motor vehicle that is being operated by the person to transport another person to or from a school or a school function.
    As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.11.
    [/FONT]

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It specifically states that you can carry if you have permission from the school.

Talked to Guy (tactical Firearms training) he said as long as it is in writing, states what is and isn't allowed, and signed by the leadership of the church/school you can be "authorized". He repeated get it in writting and signed/notarized several times. you are correct once a school always a school.

:yesway:

Yup, like I said I didn't know. Good for you for looking it all up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom