Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :dunno:

The french use a similar design on their FAMAS. Its definitely ambidextrous

FAMAS_dsc06877.jpg

That design looks a little more usable to me (although ugly as sin). At least it has a little more room to get in front of the handle. It looks like the opening might be a little taller too. On the other one there appeared to be barely enough room to get a finger in there. Just seems like it would be easy to miss or make it a little slower to charge the weapon. Maybe its just me but a conventional AR charging handle feels like it would still be easy to use even if you couldn't see it, had gloves on, or even had to use your other hand for some reason. :twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That design looks a little more usable to me (although ugly as sin). At least it has a little more room to get in front of the handle. It looks like the opening might be a little taller too. On the other one there appeared to be barely enough room to get a finger in there. Just seems like it would be easy to miss or make it a little slower to charge the weapon. Maybe its just me but a conventional AR charging handle feels like it would still be easy to use even if you couldn't see it, had gloves on, or even had to use your other hand for some reason. :twocents:

Yes, but with the charging handle in this configuration you wouldn've have to pick your head up off the rifle. I could maintain my firing position and recharge the gun.

I think its a cool looking design because you don't ever see it. I'm not saying its better nor do I plan to buy one. I was just talking about it last weekend and thought I'd post a pic :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yes, but with the charging handle in this configuration you wouldn've have to pick your head up off the rifle. I could maintain my firing position and recharge the gun.

I think its a cool looking design because you don't ever see it. I'm not saying its better nor do I plan to buy one. I was just talking about it last weekend and thought I'd post a pic :D

Almost every design has its pros and cons. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom