• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Handk, any opinion on my thief issue? its bugging me. knowing that his parents have blatant disregard for his addiction to drugs, and his "ways" of getting money to pay for them.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Handk, any opinion on my thief issue? its bugging me. knowing that his parents have blatant disregard for his addiction to drugs, and his "ways" of getting money to pay for them.

Just remember you can't use deadly force for property! I know it sucks! but taking a life will change your life for the rest of it! If it is not a justified taking of a life it will change your life for the worse! If your worried about the garage get an infrared trail camera and put it up in an inconspicuous place so you get prof that they are doing the stealing and turn it over the the police! You have insurance to replace things! and things can be replaced! life can not be replaced whether it is his or yours. :D

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Just remember you can't use deadly force for property! I know it sucks! but taking a life will change your life for the rest of it! If it is not a justified taking of a life it will change your life for the worse! If your worried about the garage get an infrared trail camera and put it up in an inconspicuous place so you get prof that they are doing the stealing and turn it over the the police! You have insurance to replace things! and things can be replaced! life can not be replaced whether it is his or yours. :D
    duely noted. moms worried they're gonna try to get in the house when its just her.. ugh.. coming from a woman who has a loaded .22 pistol on her nightstand. she has never shot a gun, (even worse). she wont let me take her out to get at least familiar with one. her father took his life with a firearm so she is always worried.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    While I do think you are correct about the camera and he should avoid deadly force, I don't think you're right with Indiana law on saying you "can't" do it.

C 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property
    Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
    (b) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against another person; and
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.
    (c) With respect to property other than a dwelling, curtilage, or an occupied motor vehicle, a person is justified in using reasonable force against another person if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to immediately prevent or terminate the other person's trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person's immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    only if that force is justified under subsection (a).

I wouldn't use deadly force because you've posted about the problem here and discussed "showing" your neighbors that you're carrying. The prosecution would try to fry you with the fact that you premeditated it and that you were trying to intimidate him with a gun.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    While I do think you are correct about the camera and he should avoid deadly force, I don't think you're right with Indiana law on saying you "can't" do it.

I wouldn't use deadly force because you've posted about the problem here and discussed "showing" your neighbors that you're carrying. The prosecution would try to fry you with the fact that you premeditated it and that you were trying to intimidate him with a gun.
    no no no.. i do not "intimidate" all my neighbors know i carry only because i OC whilst at home. mowing, weedeating, when im shirtless. etc. there was never an intention of "hey i have a gun" involved. i tend to seperate myself from that crowd. wayyyy to touchy a subject for anyone to nit-pick upon, especially with my age and the questionability one would have about my "capacity to responsibly carry a firearm".
    Ty, do you have a dog? Or even a guard cat? I consider domesticated animals not only pets but an early warning system.
    i have 2 white german shepard puppies. i walk in the door and dont hear a peep out of em.. somthing is wrong.. got sold defective pups. :rolleyes:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    no no no.. i do not "intimidate" all my neighbors know i carry only because i OC whilst at home. mowing, weedeating, when im shirtless. etc. there was never an intention of "hey i have a gun" involved. i tend to seperate myself from that crowd. wayyyy to touchy a subject for anyone to nit-pick upon, especially with my age and the questionability one would have about my "capacity to responsibly carry a firearm".
    I didn't say you were trying to intimidate them. I said that the prosecutor would say you were trying to intimidate them.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I could let you borrow my guard cat. He alerts me if anyone is near my place. :D

Are you going to train thedogs? Maybe becuase they are young they dont know what to do?:dunno: I'm not a dog person.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I didn't say you were trying to intimidate them. I said that the prosecutor would say you were trying to intimidate them.
    ahh. yes.. they would. clarity is a lovely thing to muddy up. mom is nervous now.. theres more traffic up and down this lane then ever. vehicles go down, spend 30 seconds, and they are on the way out.. ugh. "gee.. i wonder whats happening."

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    ahh. yes.. they would. clarity is a lovely thing to muddy up. mom is nervous now.. theres more traffic up and down this lane then ever. vehicles go down, spend 30 seconds, and they are on the way out.. ugh. "gee.. i wonder whats happening."
    It could be that they have been doing it all along and you're just noticing it more because of recent events?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Keep calling it in, maybe they will do something. Do you have any LEO friends?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

A garage especially an unoccupied garage is not your home!! If they are trying to get in your house you have no duty to retreat!! you may use what force necessary to repel his entry!! again not the same thing thing as a garage! But hey He can just go with your expertise!! makes no different to me!! Take a life for the stealing of property not in your home and it's gonna suck to be you, and the person who gave you the legal advice to do it!! :D

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I am by no means giving legal advice. I'm just saying that it has been talked about on here repeatedly and the law does say "property". AND you have to meet the requirements in subsection (a) as well. I said he shouldn't try to shoot them for it, but I'm also saying that it is not always correct to say that you can't do it under any circumstances.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom