Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I find alot of things don't taste as good as I remember!! I loved Kraft butter mints!! but can't find them any more!! :(

They try to cheapen everything now... Of course my house I grew up in is much smaller than I remember (I drove by it a few years ago)... not sure how they did that though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    hubby told me one to many times I didn't make biscuits like his Mom and Grandma and he didn't like them as much.. guess what, he no longer gets biscuits. :dunno:

That doesn't sound like a very smart move on his part... unless they were like the wife's biscuits from Green Acres...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That doesn't sound like a very smart move on his part... unless they were like the wife's biscuits from Green Acres...
    the last ones were HP's easy recipe. they were delicious! Best ones I did make and he said they were ok, just not like Moms.. So after I blew up and told him to move back home with Mom, I told him I wouldn't bother anymore.. canned or nothing

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    the last ones were HP's easy recipe. they were delicious! Best ones I did make and he said they were ok, just not like Moms.. So after I blew up and told him to move back home with Mom, I told him I wouldn't bother anymore.. canned or nothing

That's funny. Open mouth, insert foot. MrsG is now the Biscuit Nazi, NO BISCUIT FOR YOU!!! :laugh:

FYI, that's not a problem in this household, my mom was not a great cook.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My mom was a pretty good cook and I think I may have said a couple times, this isn't like the way mom made it. But I learned fairly quick that you keep your mouth shut and brag on the wife's cooking no matter what it tastes like. And she was and is a good cook.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used to watch some of the TV cooks on PBS (before there was a food channel) and fix stuff they fixed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The accused pedophile Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) was one of my favorites. Shocked me when those allegations came out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom