• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After watching me do it about 5 times, he will learn.

No, he won't. That's the problem. Also, I hate Access with a burning passion. Access has been the worst thing to happen to databases, ever.

That is so funny, reminds me of stuff I prayed my children wouldn't say when they were at school. :D Farming community or not they didn't need to discuss the hog breeding operation. They were educated at a very young age. :n00b:

When my daughter was very young, I started introducing her to the idea that I carried a pistol. However, trying to teach a very young child the concept of "discretion" was extremely difficult. She got that she wasn't supposed to talk about it with other people, but, being 3-4 years old, still had to say SOMETHING. She knew she wasn't supposed to mention "gun". We'd be in the mall or something, she'd bump into my sidearm and then loudly complain "Daddy, I smacked my head on your thing! It's hard and it hurt!" Yeah. That happened. More often than I was comfortable with.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    No, he won't. That's the problem. Also, I hate Access with a burning passion. Access has been the worst thing to happen to databases, ever.

When my daughter was very young, I started introducing her to the idea that I carried a pistol. However, trying to teach a very young child the concept of "discretion" was extremely difficult. She got that she wasn't supposed to talk about it with other people, but, being 3-4 years old, still had to say SOMETHING. She knew she wasn't supposed to mention "gun". We'd be in the mall or something, she'd bump into my sidearm and then loudly complain "Daddy, I smacked my head on your thing! It's hard and it hurt!" Yeah. That happened. More often than I was comfortable with.
    :eek: :lmfao:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    :popcorn:

Access? :facepalm:

I know a guy if you ever want to convert that to a real database and have a Web Interface or even a Windows Interface
    I'm sure you do. :D

If I had it my way it would have been converted a long time ago. However, it is a database provided by the Grand Lodge of Indiana and all the lodges in the state use the same one. It's not TERRIBLE to use, but the initial set up sucked.

The new uproar in the community of Secretaries is the "cloud" thing they're starting to use. :n00b:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

So if I told you the that the Indiana state department of education is switching from an oracle database to an access database. you wouldn't be happy.

oh and they have been switch for the last year and a half. it is working GREAT!!!:rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So if I told you the that the Indiana state department of education is switching from an oracle database to an access database. you wouldn't be happy.

Access was never meant to be a multi-user system. It was meant to be a very entry-level single-user database for incidental use. Multi-user was hacked into it because Microsoft's customers had tons of little access databases and they all wanted to be able to share them with other users. Then, MS released the Access Runtime kit and software developers started developing their applications using Access backends. Fast-forward to 2012 and business are reaping why they sow. Access is a colossal cluster****.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom