• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I am gonna describe something and I want you guys to guess what it is.

It has something to do with space

High density

Singularity

2 hints for now more later

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So Evan, I want a new light around $40. Is the PT1L and PT2L the best options? Which is better of the two?

They are the same light, with one being 1 battery (110 lumens), and the other being 2 batteries (180 lumens). Therefore one is longer than the other.

If you want small then go PT1L.

If you ever want to hit someone with the light, then go PT2L.

There are some other Chinese-made lights out there (Olight, Fenix, 4sevens, etc) that are similar and put out crazy bright numbers, but my reviews of these lights have left me wanting for something more quality made.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And escrie thats true. I think im gonna go with either the PRO or the Comp M4 or a 2 MOA T-1

For 90% of your typical "AR shooters", a red dot is what's best. The ACOG is a very specialized optic for a very narrow purpose.

Between those Aimpoints you listed, the PRO is the least expensive, the M4 is the most overpriced and heavy, and the T1 is the smallest and lightest.

Pick what matters most to you personally. For me, the light weight and smaller profile of the T1 wins every time. The heft of the M4 is unnecessary and its way too expensive. I prefer LaRue mounts, so getting a PRO and then swapping out to another amount negates its inexpensive nature.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    For 90% of your typical "AR shooters", a red dot is what's best. The ACOG is a very specialized optic for a very narrow purpose.

Between those Aimpoints you listed, the PRO is the least expensive, the M4 is the most overpriced and heavy, and the T1 is the smallest and lightest.

Pick what matters most to you personally. For me, the light weight and smaller profile of the T1 wins every time. The heft of the M4 is unnecessary and its way too expensive. I prefer LaRue mounts, so getting a PRO and then swapping out to another amount negates its inexpensive nature.
    I've held a comp m4. Its heavy. I think I MIGHT go with the 2 MOA T-1

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've held a comp m4. Its heavy. I think I MIGHT go with the 2 MOA T-1

Don't forget about the less-expensive H1. Its the exact same thing minus night vision capability (and a couple other inconsequential differences). It'll save you $50 or so.

As for the weight differences, its significant enough that I made the switch and never looked back.

When I had my old Bushmaster I went from a CompC3 in a LaRue mount. . .

30igy03.jpg

Then later went H1 in LaRue mount.

IMG_1336.jpg

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Don't forget about the less-expensive H1. Its the exact same thing minus night vision capability (and a couple other inconsequential differences). It'll save you $50 or so.

As for the weight differences, its significant enough that I made the switch and never looked back.

When I had my old Bushmaster I went from a CompC3 in a LaRue mount. . .

30igy03.jpg

Then later went H1 in LaRue mount.

IMG_1336.jpg

I'm gonna go with the T-1. I have a couple of buddies that hunt with night vision and I don't want to be left out. :D. Lets see. Troy BUIS, Magpul ASAP and MS3, BCM charging handle, Midwest industries gen 2 quad rail covers, and Flashlight. Also I don't pay for ammo unless I want Horandy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom