kaboom.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    insurance is now pissing me off
    declined one of the mr's drugs. so I filled it anyway because he needs it. $96.50 for generic

:faint: Is is one of those they want them to step up too...if so you can get the doctor's office to clarify with them why they want him on this med and not use the step up program.

Still that's terrible for a generic medication. :xmad:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    insurance is now pissing me off
    declined one of the mr's drugs. so I filled it anyway because he needs it. $96.50 for generic

I know that can be a pain. JFYI, there's probably a different drug for the same purpose that they will cover. You might consider asking about it. Every insurance company has what they call their "formulary list" of drugs they cover.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    News Flash!!! I just got a letter from the hospital today telling me I'm approved to get the surgery I had a week ago! :yesway:

Last edited:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :faint: Is is one of those they want them to step up too...if so you can get the doctor's office to clarify with them why they want him on this med and not use the step up program.

Still that's terrible for a generic medication. :xmad:

I know that can be a pain. JFYI, there's probably a different drug for the same purpose that they will cover. You might consider asking about it. Every insurance company has what they call their "formulary list" of drugs they cover.

he's been on it for 2 years or more. Once a year we need to get prior authorization from the doc. we did and they still won't pay, he needs to call the insurance as they won't discuss it with me. Now to get him to do it.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    he's been on it for 2 years or more. Once a year we need to get prior authorization from the doc. we did and they still won't pay, he needs to call the insurance as they won't discuss it with me. Now to get him to do it.

Sounds just like my hubby's Nexium medication. Always prior authorization every year even though they approved it the year before. I had hubby fill out a medical power of attorney with the insurance company so they could talk to me. It's such a hassle because he never takes care of any of the bills or questions about the bills. :rolleyes:

:crying: I just got the bill too. :faint:

Hope you have good insurance and even that can really hurt when there are high deductable and co-pays. There goes your gun fund. :stickpoke:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hope you have good insurance and even that can really hurt when there are high deductable and co-pays. There goes your gun fund. :stickpoke:

The bill I got was for my portion after insurance...still hurts. Funny thing is I'm just about to pay off the bill for my last surgery. Now I get to start over.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Get a Marriott rewards card through chase. They overnited my new cards to me at no cost.

Any card will do that for you, you just have to ask or say something like I can't wait 5 to 10 days for my new card. If you don't say something they aren't going to spend the money to get it there over night. I know...I've been where you have been back in the spring.

Hi Young Cutie Pie, Could you have not ordered better weather for me this weekend? I don't mind the cold or even the snow, but can you do something about the wind?

The bill I got was for my portion after insurance...still hurts. Funny thing is I'm just about to pay off the bill for my last surgery. Now I get to start over.

I hate payments too, doesn't matter what it is.

boys fever is still 101.4... poor thing. I wish he felt better

:wow: Sorry Lil G is feeling so poorly. If he's chilling put a blanket in the dryer for a bit and warm it up for him. They feel great when you're chilling from a fever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom