• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    The real reason F1 left indy is they wanted 30 million per race to bring the race to indy. and the only money the track got was a percentage of the souvenirs, and concessions. The FIA, F1 sanctioning body, got all the TV, Track advertising. It was just a bad deal for the speedway.

well, that would explain it. I figured the refund-a-polooza that resulted in the Michelin tire debacle..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm thinking about getting some of these in blue and red instead of painting my dueling tree.

I'd be curious to see if they work.

My first concern would be if the adhesive is enough to stick to cold steel.

My second concern would be splatter ripping it off entirely.

Case in point:

0d218c50.jpg

;)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    well, that would explain it. I figured the refund-a-polooza that resulted in the Michelin tire debacle..

no the FIA made tire company pay for that mess. If they wanted to be allowed to keep selling tires they had to pay.

I work for the museum on vintage cars and get special info some times :shady:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    it never goes as smoothly as they think it should. I would be amazed it it is working correctly now.

Actually, it's pretty good now. The biggest mess was the call center... that, and since we upgraded to unity connection, there were some things that didn't transfer properly..

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    no the FIA made tire company pay for that mess. If they wanted to be allowed to keep selling tires they had to pay.

I work for the museum on vintage cars and get special info some times :shady:

Ahh, nice.. I made money on that race. Bought tickets for $40 each .. face value was $150.. I got a full face value refund :)

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I heard a few stories like that. congrats on making a few bucks.:rockwoot:
    Thanks, it worked out well for me.. was a father's day gift to my dad (the trip to the race) I didn't have a lot of money at the time. I ended up using the money to buy him a sears gift card :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like HandK has experience :dunno:

I've stuck target-type stickers like Shoot-n-Sees to steel before and it always tears off after a hit. Maybe if the sticker was larger and had more vinyl in it it would stay in place and allow for multiple hits. :dunno:

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    I've stuck target-type stickers like Shoot-n-Sees to steel before and it always tears off after a hit. Maybe if the sticker was larger and had more vinyl in it it would stay in place and allow for multiple hits. :dunno:

Yeah, I don't know. Sounds like its worth a try though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom