Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    yes, we have a store tour on Friday, so we are busting butt to get the place spotless. Deck Scrubbed the floors tonight. Along with a hundred other things.

How are you doing?

evening everyone, how's life with everyone?

Just cruising the big scary.....:shady:

Been fairly quite since the election is over.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Your son still in the same location?

Evening MrsG, CM.

Facebook says he is in Budapest yet. I don't think he can stay there very long as he is already a couple days over the 90 days he is allowed on his passport...not sure where he has to go to next, but without a visa he is limited to 90 days or something. I don't know how all that works.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Facebook says he is in Budapest yet. I don't think he can stay there very long as he is already a couple days over the 90 days he is allowed on his passport...not sure where he has to go to next, but without a visa he is limited to 90 days or something. I don't know how all that works.

I hope he doesn't get in trouble because of that.
    I know they will deport your ass if you get one day above the 90 days in the US.

Has he already stayed that long in Hungary? I thought he just got there a few days ago.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hope he doesn't get in trouble because of that.
    I know they will deport your ass if you get one day above the 90 days in the US.

Has he already stayed that long in Hungary? I thought he just got there a few days ago.

I don't fully understand how it works. He is counting from when he first arrived in Iceland because they are all part of the same area or something. I don't quite know what the borders are I guess. He has been in Iceland, Germany, Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic....might have missed one or two but I think those are all so far.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't fully understand how it works. He is counting from when he first arrived in Iceland because they are all part of the same area or something. I don't quite know what the borders are I guess. He has been in Iceland, Germany, Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic....might have missed one or two but I think those are all so far.

I really envy him that he can do that. I would give my left nut to do something like that

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They are all part of Schengen Area.
    But if he gets his passport stamped when entering and leaving each country he should get a 90 day limit in each country I believe.
    It's complicate because some of those countries like Iceland are not part of the European Union but some are, yet all are following the Schengen treaty.
    Once you enter one of those 26 countries there's no passport control anymore to go from one to another with some exeptions.
    Like France who's closed its borders (meaning they now control passports) with the state of emergency following last year's Paris attacks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are all part of Schengen Area.
    But if he gets his passport stamped when entering and leaving each country he should get a 90 day limit in each country I believe.
    It's complicate because some of those countries like Iceland are not part of the European Union but some are, yet all are following the Schengen treaty.
    Once you enter one of those 26 countries there's no passport control anymore to go from one to another with some exeptions.
    Like France who's closed its borders (meaning they now control passports) with the state of emergency following last year's Paris attacks.

I remember him saying something about Schengen something or other so that sounds familiar.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I do too, but I hope he is interpreting the rules correctly regarding his passport and how long he can be in each place.

I'm reading about it, it's complicate. :faint:

As a third-country national he has less otpion than someone with a EU citizenship traveling to another EU country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom