Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi guys!

Sam - That seems backwards to me. I would think 4 wheel drive would ride rougher than 2 wheel. Maybe the tires were overinflated or maybe the truck has some problems. 2016 doesn't mean it has never been wrecked.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'm getting new learning experience at work. I have to sell (beg) for a new pier with our development department tomorrow morning. I still don't have much of an idea as to what I am doing. I have it priced out and made a rendering of the pier but the wording as to why we need is hard for me. I was told I cant use "Because the old one sucks donkey dick".

First, tell of the pain and problems that you are having with the current set up. How many man hours are wasted on the old pier.
    Explain the features and benefits of the new pier. Will it require less maintenance??
    Close the deal....ASK FOR THE ORDER (Or in your case, permission to issue the P/O)...

Dang, I wish you were closer, I would help you with your presentation. What you described is pretty much what I do for a living...I love presentations...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hi guys!

Sam - That seems backwards to me. I would think 4 wheel drive would ride rougher than 2 wheel. Maybe the tires were overinflated or maybe the truck has some problems. 2016 doesn't mean it has never been wrecked.

Kind of what I thought to...Common knowledge would think the 4x4 would have a rougher ride...

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    First, tell of the pain and problems that you are having with the current set up. How many man hours are wasted on the old pier.
    Explain the features and benefits of the new pier. Will it require less maintenance??
    Close the deal....ASK FOR THE ORDER (Or in your case, permission to issue the P/O)...

Great ideas, thanks! I can give a time line on repairs to the old vs new. Also the new is more aesthetically pleasing. The old is the only one of it's kind in that area. A P/O isn't going to happen. This will be a reach out for donations.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Dang, I wish you were closer, I would help you with your presentation. What you described is pretty much what I do for a living...I love presentations...

I hate presentations, luckily I am only talking to 1 person. :)

You have given me ideas, that's a big help.

I'd make a crappy salesman. I would rather be the guy that fixes problems.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Great ideas, thanks! I can give a time line on repairs to the old vs new. Also the new is more aesthetically pleasing. The old is the only one of it's kind in that area. A P/O isn't going to happen. This will be a reach out for donations.

Bingo....Explain the pain being caused by the old pier and the features and benefits to the new one.
    Any chance of selling naming rights to your donors?? Say, 1st 100K donation names the pier and gets a sign on the pier. I.E. MBills Pier....

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Bingo....Explain the pain being caused by the old pier and the features and benefits to the new one.
    Any chance of selling naming rights to your donors?? Say, 1st 100K donation names the pier and gets a sign on the pier. I.E. MBills Pier....

Name rights is at the top of there list. Our other piers are named after peoples.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I hate presentations, luckily I am only talking to 1 person. :)

You have given me ideas, that's a big help.

I'd make a crappy salesman. I would rather be the guy that fixes problems.

Hey, the coin rules....If you ever need help with a presentation, give me some notice and I'll help you. I can schedule a trip up there almost any time.
    I was a Sales & Product knowledge trainer at GE Silicones for a long time....I'll teach you how to sell...

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hey, the coin rules....If you ever need help with a presentation, give me some notice and I'll help you. I can schedule a trip up there almost any time.
    I was a Sales & Product knowledge trainer at GE Silicones for a long time....I'll teach you how to sell...

:yesway:

Thank you sir!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have the Who's Baba O'Riley cranked on the stereo. How can one not do the Pete Townsend guitar windmill to this song?

I had a long drive to Pittsburgh and back...
    The trip over was Led Zeplin #4 and the ride home today was Pink Floyd "The Wall" and "Wish You Were Here"....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Name rights is at the top of there list. Our other piers are named after peoples.

See, I also solved part of the budget...MBills will come up with the 1st $100K......:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom