The Official Status Update Thread: Part 145 - Happy Thanksgiving INGO!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Your a lot like my mom was. If she got sick everyone would starve and have to wear dirty clothes for a week. She was the anchor in our family.

I'm struggling not to take on another person who needs help. Someone I know from the meetings I go to....I had been told she was diagnosed with ALS. When I went with the neighbor to her first therapy session last week, we walked in and there was this lady I know on the exercise bike. She and I have worked together many years ago as well so I have known her professionally for about 15 years. She and I talked and she said they haven't confirmed that diagnosis but it is the only thing they can come up with...her muscles are getting weak very quickly so she is doing therapy to try to retain as much strength as she can. She was really struggling when we were there today...so hard to watch. Her husband has a very demanding position and is doing all he can to care for her and work too. She has a couple of people who help drive her to appointments but she is getting to where she cannot get out of bed on her own and such. Her husband has to be gone overnight one night next week. I was so close to offering to stay with her but it is a night when I wouldn't be able to help her the following morning as I already have a commitment to drive the neighbor to her eye appointment in Valpo.

The neighbor lady told me to help her if I can and she would understand. I assured her that she is my first priority since I have a commitment to her and her family, but I might try to help this other friend when I can. It is so hard to see her slipping so fast. She just got her first grandson less than a year ago...not much older than me. I swear I will never complain about my life....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was hoping to feel good enough tomorrow so I can go buy all the 9mm in Walmart!

Don't they still limit you to three boxes or is that all they have?

I guess I better call it a night as well. I have to be up to take the neighbor to get her hair all purty in the morning. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm struggling not to take on another person who needs help. Someone I know from the meetings I go to....I had been told she was diagnosed with ALS. When I went with the neighbor to her first therapy session last week, we walked in and there was this lady I know on the exercise bike. She and I have worked together many years ago as well so I have known her professionally for about 15 years. She and I talked and she said they haven't confirmed that diagnosis but it is the only thing they can come up with...her muscles are getting weak very quickly so she is doing therapy to try to retain as much strength as she can. She was really struggling when we were there today...so hard to watch. Her husband has a very demanding position and is doing all he can to care for her and work too. She has a couple of people who help drive her to appointments but she is getting to where she cannot get out of bed on her own and such. Her husband has to be gone overnight one night next week. I was so close to offering to stay with her but it is a night when I wouldn't be able to help her the following morning as I already have a commitment to drive the neighbor to her eye appointment in Valpo.

The neighbor lady told me to help her if I can and she would understand. I assured her that she is my first priority since I have a commitment to her and her family, but I might try to help this other friend when I can. It is so hard to see her slipping so fast. She just got her first grandson less than a year ago...not much older than me. I swear I will never complain about my life....

We just can not be there for everyone. We do what we can....when we can. That you are as committed as you are is a huge + in your win column.

I just finished my sleepy Tea. Hope the spouse did not spike it. I did make the life insurance payments today.....:)

Long day tomorrow. Clocking out.

G-nite all

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

That's very sad. We're doing the orphanage again next week. We bought toys and have filled 130 stockings. It breaks my heart to see these kids stuck there. But at least they have a place to stay. I try not to complain either. Many people out there a lot worst off then me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's very sad. We're doing the orphanage again next week. We bought toys and have filled 130 stockings. It breaks my heart to see these kids stuck there. But at least they have a place to stay. I try not to complain either. Many people out there a lot worst off then me.

Me to my brother......me to.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We just can not be there for everyone. We do what we can....when we can. That you are as committed as you are is a huge + in your win column.

I just finished my sleepy Tea. Hope the spouse did not spike it. I did make the life insurance payments today.....:)

Long day tomorrow. Clocking out.

G-nite all

Night CM. I wish I could do more but understand I have limits. Spending Friday with my parents taking them to an eye doctor appointment. Both are getting their eyes dilated so mom can't drive them home. She insists she is driving us all to the appointment...I am hoping I can convince her to let me drive her car. I'm not a good passenger and she is an even worse driver. :lmfao:

Goodnight guys.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Going to have to load mags at the range. I hate that. But dumbass me forgot about the schedule change and now I don't have 90 minutes between getting off work and range time. :ugh: Oh, well, not a big deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom